Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2002, 09:12 AM
Passenger

Default Aft. on Explorer

I know I have heard that sometimes having a cabin in the aft is a bad idea, because you can feel everything that happens. But I also heard that having a cabin on one of the high decks (7 or 8) on explorer you cant feel anything. Does anyone have an imput on this? Thanks in advance
Keith
Sponsored Links
Old October 8th, 2002, 10:47 AM
RonMar

Default Re: Aft. on Explorer

Our group had 6 cabins on the very aft of the Millenium last November and we loved them. Not one of us noticed any motion problems and the balconies are much larger. We have the aft balconies reserved on the Explorer for the March 1st sailing and other than the fact that this ship does have some structure behind the balconies, we feel that we will enjoy them very much. We have been told to not get those on deck 6 as the balconies on that deck are not actually balconies. The deck extends on out after the railing on the veranda' s. Decks 7 and 8 appear to be just fine though.
Old October 9th, 2002, 11:10 AM
First Mate

We were on the Exp. last Jan and had an ocean view room on deck 3--didn't feel a thing. People at our dinner table had rooms on higher decks and said the same thing. I really think the bigger ships are so stable you won't feel much at all, no matter where you are.
Old October 27th, 2002, 11:36 PM
Mary Martin

I have had a balcony cabin and an inside cabin aft on the Explorer and NEVER noticed any adverse motion. I think you will fine no matter where you stay on this ship, they have such good stablizers.
Have fun,
Mary Martin