Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 9th, 2002, 10:29 PM
clay b

Default What to do at Costa Maya?

They have cancelled the stop at Progress, MX. Instead we're going to Costa Maya.
How is the port? Do we dock or tender?
Too far to Xcaret and Tulum????
Sponsored Links
Old October 10th, 2002, 07:14 AM
Admiral

Default Re: What to do at Costa Maya?

You will dock. It is too far to go to Xcaret and Tulum however they do have 2 ruins that have only recently been discovered. I can't remember the names but I know that the ruin tour that cost the most was the nicest. I was in Costa Maya in April but had badly sprained my ankle the day before in Cozumel and the ship dr advised me against going to the ruins. I should not have listened as that was my highlight of the cruise and the folks who went took pictures and told us how nice it was. Right off the pier is a shopping mall/flea market type area. There are beaches with hammocks. Swimming pools containing salt water and one for fresh. They also have Mexican dancers that perform thru out the day. That was nice to partake in but other than that unless you take a tour there is nothing else to do. If you go to the Royal Caribbean site and select shore excersions and Costa Maya you will see what is available there.

Golden Princess 12/04
Galaxy 1/04
Elation 2/03
Enchantment of the Seas 4/02
Fantasy 11/01
Triumph 4/01
Sensation 4/97
Old October 27th, 2002, 11:24 PM
Mary Martin

Default Re: What to do at Costa Maya?

We just came back from Costa Maya on the Enchantment of the Seas, and we were docked at the pier. We chose to go on the jungle beach break, and it was wonderful.
The beach was absolutely beautiful, you got free drinks the use of a beach chair, free use of the paddle boats and kayaks. You had to pay for the food of course, they had music playing and games. You could rent snorkeling equipment and wave runners.
It took about 45 minutes to get there, but it was well worth it. We had some friends who went to the ruins but you have to endure about a 2 or 3 hour bus ride there and back on very bumpy roads. Or you can stay up by the store area where they have swimming pools, and a little theatre area where they have authentic mexican dancers preforming. There was also a little beach area. It's a beautiful area.
Have fun,
Mary Martin