Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 12th, 2002, 12:13 PM
Hovis234

Default First Time Single

How about some advice.

I am going on my first cruise. A 3 day cruise to the Bahamas on Sovereign of the Seas. I am single. Are there singles activities on the ship. How do you find other singles?

Help..

Bill
Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2002, 12:16 PM
croozbabe

Default Re: First Time Single

Check out the Singles Message Board here on Cruisemates. There is all kinds of helpful information which will answer every question you have and then some... Have a fantastic time on your cruise. You will get hooked like the rest of us! :-)

Debbie
Old October 12th, 2002, 07:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Bill,
Once onboard be sure to check the cruise "compass" and look for a "singles" gathering, there is sure to be one, go and enjoy. You will be suprised as to how many nice and interesting people you will meet. Hopefully you will be eating at a large table, hopefully with other singles like yourself.

Have a great time, and be sure to report back and let us know.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 14th, 2002, 02:55 PM
Hovis234

Default Re: Re: First Time Single

Thanks for your responses, I am concerned about the demographic on this RCCL vessel. Doesn't look too promising. I am somewhat apprehensive.
Old October 15th, 2002, 09:52 AM
Admiral

The shorter weekend type cruises do attract more singles and younger cruisers. It is a great way to try out cruising. As mentioned, make sure to go to the singles get together, smile, be friendly and you will make friends of folks of all ages. Take part in many zany things to do. Befriend the social hosts and staff members at bars and lounges. They will help you enjoy your cruise. If you are interested in a tour, you may meet others there too. Water sports seems to attract singles. Join in the fun.
Bon Voyage
Old October 15th, 2002, 11:27 AM
susancruzs

I was apprehensive when I took my first cruise alone (20 years ago at age 35) and once onboard I realized there was no need to worry! I met plenty of people, younger, older, couples, other singles and I've cruised single since then and always had a great time.

It always amazes me generally speaking that people on cruises are just so relaxed, friendly, I've never been made to feel like the odd person out or unwelcome. A few isolated instances out of 14 cruises that are not even worth mentioning!!!

Enjoy your cruise!!! Sue