Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 16th, 2002, 10:02 PM
Tam

Default Radiance Cabin #9582

Has anyone stayed in this cabin or a similar one? I was wondering whether you liked the location, is it too close to the elevators for example? Also, are there dividers between the balconies? Thanks for your help! See you on board if you're sailing on Jan 25, 2003!
Sponsored Links
Old October 17th, 2002, 10:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Radiance Cabin #9582

Hi Tam,
We too will be on Radiance, but not until Feb. You may want to check out this site and view your cabin, I found this very helpful:

http://www.cruisestateroom.com/84793...hips-frame.htm

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 17th, 2002, 07:58 PM
Dan and DeAnn

You will hear the piano, at deck 4, late into the evening or early AM. If you think this will bother you &/or your sleep you should change cabins.
Old October 18th, 2002, 02:47 PM
BillG

Default Re: Re: Radiance Cabin #9582

Once you are inside your cabin, on whatever deck, outside sounds are quite muted, so I don't think the sounds from Deck Four of the Centrum will be a significant problem.
Old October 18th, 2002, 05:06 PM
Dan and DeAnn

Default Re: Re: Re: Radiance Cabin #9582

OK
However, I took my parents on Radiance and booked them in cabin #9076 so they would be close to the elevators and the center of the ship. They said the room location was great, but, the piano, band, etc., sounded like it was right outside their door. They had to wait until they stopped to sleep.
Old October 21st, 2002, 04:43 PM
Yeoman

To me you are trading location for noise. There will some more noise in this area (I did the same area on the "Explorer" for the location and balcony view) but I felt the trade-off was worth. That's my 2 cents, Robbie
Old October 21st, 2002, 09:05 PM
Tam

What type of noise are you talking about? People getting off and on the elevator or the piano music that Dan and DeAnn mentioned? I'm so surprised that we would be able to hear a piano 4-5 decks below us! You intrigued me by mentioning the balcony view. That's why we picked that cabin cause we figured we'd have a more varied view from the bump out area of the ship. In the picture that I saw it almost looked like there were no dividers though. Any input on that? Thanks everyone for your 2 cents. I checked and there aren't a lot of other choices should we decide to change cabins so I hope Robby is right! Thanks again.
Old October 21st, 2002, 09:29 PM
Yeoman

Yes, it was people noise that we heard quite a bit of due to the bubble location. Since there is room to slide things under the door, there is bound to be a noise factor. I think you will enjoy it though and I agree that being that high above the Centrum music is just fine. We had a similar room on the "Legend" (next to the library on deck #7) and we found the faint music to be quite pleasant. Enjoy your nice balcony and let us know what you thought, Robbie
Old October 22nd, 2002, 07:23 PM
Dan and DeAnn

Here's a photo for you

Old October 24th, 2002, 04:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

We are staying cabin 9586 and was hoping too what the noise factor was like and the balcony view was like. Won't be going until February 22 would like to know how cruise was when you get back.
Old October 24th, 2002, 04:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hey Rhonda,
We are in cabin 8670 on Feb. 22nd. Lets keep in touch, OK?

Message Boards Moderator