Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 19th, 2002, 10:26 PM
TexasAnn

Default Enchantment Tipping Question

Sheesh, not another tipping question!!!
But seriously, I'm new at cruising and don't want to screw this part up.

I've read where some RCCL ships automatically add the tip to your sign and sail card. Does Enchantment do this? I know it's an older ship.

Also, what is the benefit of doing it that way, other than you don't have to do the math?

I'd like to get all the tip $ ready in those requisite envelopes before we go, that way it's a done deal. Is there someplace safe to leave said envelopes in the cabin?

And lastly... We travel a lot, particularly in Mexico, and have discovered leaving a tip EVERY DAY as opposed to doing at the end ensures some GREAT service. Has anyone done that?

Ann
Sponsored Links
Old October 19th, 2002, 10:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Enchantment Tipping Question

Hi Ann,
I'm pretty sure that you tip the traditional way on Enchantment, with envelopes at the end of the cruise. Just follow the suggested amounts and have then ready and put aside. You should have a safe in your cabin, where you enter a combination. We also have the tips all set and just leave in the safe until the last evening, works out great.

So, when is your Enchantment cruise?

You may also want to read through the "new cruiser" section here at Cruisemates, lots of good info and tips:

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...time/index.cfm

Have a wonderful time!

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 20th, 2002, 07:17 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Enchantment Tipping Question

Enchantment is an "older" ship??? My heavens... she's a grand grand vessel... a favorite of many... and, hardly old.

Enjoy!!!
Old October 20th, 2002, 07:18 PM
Admiral

Hi Texas,

I was on the EOS this past April. We got the envelopes at the end of the cruise and the tips were given on the last night.

Golden Princess 12/04
Galaxy 1/04
Elation 2/03
Enchantment of the Seas 4/02
Fantasy 11/01
Triumph 4/01
Sensation 4/97
Old October 20th, 2002, 09:14 PM
Joe Cadd

Default Re: Re: Re: Enchantment Tipping Question

I sailed the enchantment on feb 1st 2001, I paid all of my tips with sail and sign card at the pursers desk two days before the last night. There will be updates and time frames in your newsletter that come out every night.

enjoy your trip
Joe Cadd
Old October 20th, 2002, 09:17 PM
TexasAnn

Thanks for the responses guys... this board is soooo much NICER than those other guys!

By the way:

Donna: We're leaving 12/8 for Eastern Caribbean

Ernie: I did not mean to insinuate Enchantment is old by any means!!! I just have heard that the newer ships (Voyager, Explorer) have different ways of doing things, such as buying shore excursions from the tv in your room. I didn't know if those newer ways of doing things included the tipping thing as well.

Ann
Old October 20th, 2002, 09:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Ann,
Wow, your cruise is around the corner, enjoy!

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 28th, 2002, 12:16 AM
Mary Martin

We just came back from the Enchantment. We had them add it to the room charge, It came to $136.50, which is cheaper then what we normally tip. We got excellent service without tipping everyday. In fact we had such superior service in the dining room we added a little extra to thier envelopes. It was well worth it in my book.
Happy cruising,
Mary Martin