Old October 26th, 2002, 05:13 PM
Hope

Default Trans Atlantic on the Splendor

Has anyone been to Bermuda in November? I am booked on the 15 day repositioning cruise on the Splendor of the Seas (Lisbon/Galviston), and will stop at Bermuda for two days. I am concerned that the 4 days at sea on the Atlantic may be rough during that time, but no hurricanes have been reported in recent years, so I may chance it. I have booked 20 cabins for my family and friends, and would like it to be a wonderful experience. Any info would be greatly appreciated for the ports of Lisbon, Spain, The Verdes and Bermuda.
Thanks,
Hope
Old October 27th, 2002, 09:53 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Trans Atlantic on the Splendor

I made a transatlantic crossing on the QE2 10 years ago in Nov.on the QE2. We had smooth sailing from NYC to Southampton. When I boarded the ship noticed a large window boarded up, and I was told by a crew member the sea was so rough the baby grand piano was uprooted and went flying across the room. Service ended in the dining room and everyone was told to stay in their cabin. Needless to say there were many ill passengers. Guess I got lucky because the sea was calm and a wonderful crossing!

Happy Sailing!
Carol