Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 31st, 2002, 04:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default adjoining cabins or suite??

We just booked 2 cabins for Navigator of the Seas in June - I'm so excited!! My husband @ I are traveling with our two teens (14 & 16). I went back and forth over whether to book 2 cabins or a suite to accomodate all of us. I did end up booking a cat D9 and cat M which is directly across the hall from us (two bathrooms, yahoo!) but unless we booked two D9's we couldn't get adjoining rooms (another D9 was an additional $840 which I'd rather spend on shore excursions, etc).

Has anyone traveled with their teens in a very close by but NOT adjoinging cabin?? Did this work out ok for you??

Please let me know!!

Many thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old October 31st, 2002, 08:56 PM
Admiral

Default Re: adjoining cabins or suite??

Shirley, last spring break we traveled with our kids 14 & 19 and the oldest's girlfriend 20. We originally had 2 cabins side by side but not adjoining. Once we got to embarking my husband and I were upgraded to same level but from midship to the very front (bow?). We had no problems at all being that far apart. The kids were great and they liked being on their complete own. There were never any complaints and they felt like they were on vacation by themselves. So save the money and take the rooms across from each other. Happy sailing!

Golden Princess 12/04
Galaxy 1/04
Elation 2/03
Enchantment of the Seas 4/02
Fantasy 11/01
Triumph 4/01
Sensation 4/97
Old October 31st, 2002, 09:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

We've cruised a number of times with our teen sons across the hall from us, and had no problems. Just set down certain rules before you start.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 31st, 2002, 11:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Kevin

Shirley-

There actually is a Cat D9 with an adjoining M. Look at the deck plans, they are all the way aft on deck 9. There ar eonly two sets, one port and one starboard.

Kevin
Old November 2nd, 2002, 12:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: adjoining cabins or suite??

Unfortunately these are already booked for our sailing date - I did however request that if either set of adjoining cabins should become available we want them - our agent has "waitlisted" them for us - but thanks for the info!
Old November 2nd, 2002, 12:35 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: adjoining cabins or suite??

Thanks so much for letting me know it worked out for you. I don't anticipate any problems - the kids have sailed with us before (and after all they'll be right across the hall). All in all I think we'll have more "space" for everyone. We can't wait!!
Old November 5th, 2002, 01:57 PM
Passenger

I don't think you'll have any problems - and the teens will probably be grateful for a bed and not a sofa bed - we had a suite this summer with my mother-in-law (she'd somewhat disabled so couldn't be in a cabin by herself - and then there's that "single supplement") - she and our two year old toddler got the big bed and my wife and I the sofa bed - we ultimately took the mattress (such as it was) off the sofa bed and put it on the floor - that was marginally better. So I think you've done well by your teenagers! They may be out until all hours of the early morning (my nieces and nephew on the trip last summer certainly were - but where afterall can they go?) (I suspect my nephew and his "posse" knew every cranny of the ship from wandering around hours on end - and they did try and sneak into the over 18 nightclub a couple of times - once successfully, apparently, and once not)