CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Back from Radiance 10/20/02 to Hawaii (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/231102-back-radiance-10-20-02-hawaii.html)

Cheryl November 4th, 2002 10:54 AM

Back from Radiance 10/20/02 to Hawaii

The flight from Philadelphia to San Franciso to Vancouver was long. We booked our air through Travelocity. We took a taxi from the Vancouver airport which cost about $26 canadian. We had a pre-cruise stay at the Fairmont Waterfron Hotel. Royal Caribbean booked a city view room. We up graded ourselves to a harbor view. We stay in room 1012, two huge windows! The day of sailing the Radiance was headon facing our window, what a view!!! Ladies, those of us who get out nails done with acrylic, you can get your nail fixed at the mall in Gastow, which is a few steps from the hotel. I broke a nail on the plan :-( an getting it fixed was a priority:-)

The day of sailing, we (those who stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel) were checked in at the hotel by Royal Caribbean Representatives. At about 11:30am we walked as a group across the street to board the ship. We were in our cabin about 12:15- 12:30 and our luggage arrived about 2 hours later. My husband was ancy due to needing his Eagles's football jersery out of his suitcase. We ate in the dinning room that night. The service was slow, maybe due to it being the first night. The selection was limited, but the food was good. The rest of the cruise, we ate in the Windjammer.
Buffet with nice selection and food was good.

The service on the ship as a whole was good and friendly. Everyone smiling and greeting you.

We had a midship E3 cabin starboard side. Cabin 7600. We were able to look down into the water. The cabin was comfortable for 2 people. Our stateroom attendant was good, real nice guy.

Cruising from Vancouver to Hawaii islands, the ports are on the portside of the ship.

5 days at sea before getting to Hawaii, I was glad to see land:-) The water was a little rough. The ship rocking from side to side. We were all walking as if we all had too much to drink. I took Bonnie to help my head. It worked and also made me sleepy, but everything I take makes me sleepy.

The glass elevators are nice and the floor has the actually day on them. Someone changes the day daily. That was the only way I could remember what day it was.

This is getting pretty long, I will come back and report on the ports: Hilo, Kauila-Kona, Maui and Kaui.

Cheryl

Libertygirl November 4th, 2002 11:52 AM

Re: Back from Radiance 10/20/02 to Hawaii

Sounds good so far.....looking forward to the rest.
3/8/03 RADIANCE!