Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 11th, 2002, 08:12 PM
Passenger

Default Also back from Radiance to Hawaii

I was also on the October 20th sailing of the Radiance to Hawaii. It was such a wonderful cruise! I'd love to do it all over again. It was our second time on the Radiance and our 5th RCCL cruise. We had sailed the Radiance on her Southern Caribbean route last February and loved the ship. When looking for another cruise for the fall, we saw that she was going to Hawaii and decided to book the Radiance a second time. On our cruise last winter, the 7 days on the ship, went by so fast and this longer 11-night Hawaii cruise with all the days at sea, gave us a chance to experience more that the ship has to offer. It was everything we expected plus much, much more! It was the first time that we had that many days out at sea and I wasn't sure what to expect but we loved it. I brought ginger pills with us in case of motion sickness but we didn't even need to open the package. There were some ocean swells and one very windy day, but nothing that bothered us at all. The ports were all fantastic and we only wished that the ship could have taken us back to Vancouver after we finished the itinerary around the islands. I would have loved to keep sailing across the Pacific Ocean. I'd be glad to answer any questions about the ship or the ports.

Sailaway
Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2002, 03:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Also back from Radiance to Hawaii

Hi Sailaway,
Since you already did Radiance in the Caribbean, what can you recommend to do/see in some of the ports? Will be on Radiance in Feb and have a few ideas, would love to hear of a really nice beach somewhere? We are also in an aft balcony cabin, any ideas how those are on this ship?

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 12th, 2002, 06:14 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Also back from Radiance to Hawaii

Hi Donna!

When we sailed on the Radiance in February we didn't do very much exploring of the islands. We got off the ship and did some walking and a bit of souvenir shopping at each port, but this is the one cruise where we chose not to take any shore excursions. We basically walked around in the morning, went back to the ship for lunch and spent every afternoon enjoying the pool areas on the ship. In Philipsburg, St. Maarten we walked right into town and along Great Bay Beach which is right in the downtown area. That's the one and only beach that I visited on this cruise. It was okay but I'm sure that there are much better ones on the island. There were taxi drivers at just about every place offering private tours of the island. We didn't care much for the downtown area of St. John's, Antigua where the ship docked. The taxi drivers there were very, very aggressive and they had a hard time taking 'No Thanks" for an answer. I spent a week in Barbados many years ago and remember what a beautiful island it is but I can't recall any details about it that might help you decide what to do. I think that St. Lucia and Barbados are probably the two most beautiful and lush islands on this itinerary.

I've never stayed in an aft balcony and don't know what they are like on the Radiance so I can't help you out there.

I'm sure that you will love the Radiance. She is a real beauty! If you have any other questions, I'll do my best to answer them. Happy sailing!

Sailaway
Old November 13th, 2002, 06:08 PM
Spring break cruiser

How big are the balconies, deck 7-9 in the aft of the Radiance.
Old November 13th, 2002, 09:05 PM
Passenger

We stayed on Deck 8, about mid-ship near the glass elevators. I don't know how big the balconies are on Deck 7-9 aft. Our balcony held a small round table and two chairs. We were satisfied with the size but perhaps the aft balconies are bigger.

Sailaway
Old November 15th, 2002, 04:01 PM
Tra4

We had an aft balcony on deck 10, cabin 1100---absolutely wonderful!!!! And the best part was the 12 day Vancouver to Hawaii trip to enjoy it. Please let me know if you have questions.
Tracey
Old November 18th, 2002, 01:53 PM
Splitfyre

Good Morning Cruisers,

Next year in the month of October I will be going on that 11 day cruise to Hawaii. Never been to Hawaii and definitely looking forward to it. If any of you have pictures from the 11 day cruise you should try and post them up somewhere for people interested, to look at.

Regardless, I just wanted to find out what you thought about the boat and some of the activities on board as I went on the Rhapsody of the Seas to Mexico, and had an absolute blast. The MC was great, and I met the love of my life on that boat. A very magical time indeed. I was hoping to find a Royal Caribbean boat with a hockey rink on it, but I hear that its a Holland American boat that has one...