Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 19th, 2002, 03:41 PM
Denis

Default early disembark miami

Hi, can anyone tell me how early do they start letting poeple off the Explorer of The Seas in Miami. Our flight out has been changed to 11.00 am
Sponsored Links
Old November 19th, 2002, 04:23 PM
Jim Munkittrick

Default Re: early disembark miami

They will begin, hopefully at approx. 8 am. BUT the cruise line has NOTHING to do with the disembarking process. you are under the control of US government..and those few ignorant folks that don't think they ahvet o clear customs or Immigration....and the FEDS can hold up the entire ship if they so choose looking for the idiots that don't report.

they sometimes will alllow the process to begin, even with a few fools that don't check-in, but it is their call, not RCI.
Old November 19th, 2002, 06:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: early disembark miami

Hi Denis,
Just make sure you notify the purcers desk as to your early flight out on disembarkment day. Hopefully, you will be one of the earliest off, then be sure to just grab a cab to the airport instead of waiting for the transer busses, you will save some time that way.

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 20th, 2002, 07:59 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: early disembark miami

It varies widely, depending on many things. We came in to Miami last Friday on the MOS. With the earliest disembarkation color, we walked off the ship around 7:45 am. However, we did not clear immigration, retrieve our bags and clear customs until well after 9am. And we were among the first off and MOS has fewer passengers than your ship by a big chunk. 11am is about the earliest I'd think about a flight out of Miami. Go to the Information Desk early in the voyage (not the first day), with your air tickets and request early disembarkation tags. Check again with them the last evening to be sure there hasn't been a change.
Old November 20th, 2002, 09:40 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: early disembark miami

Last Jan. we had 10: 30 flight from Miami and got our call (orange tags) at 8:00. Seems to me we did the imm. and customs the night before because we overslept and barely made it back to our room after breakfast in time to hear the call. The speaker in our room was not working right and we missed the call in English. My husband opened the door to hear it in the hall and fortunately I know Spanish. I was in the bathroom and heard "Naranja" (orange) and told Hubby that was us and we rushed out. We had no trouble finding our luggage on the carousel. We took the shuttle and got to the airport in plenty of time for the flight. Hah! It was snowed in in Pitt. and we didn't take off till 2:00.
They give you your tag color depending on your flight time. We were the second group. The first one was called at 7:45. As long as the purser knows when you are leaving, you will be all right.
Old November 20th, 2002, 11:42 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: early disembark miami

With the new airport screeners in place you are cutting this pretty close. I missed a 1205 flight out of Boston due to a glitch with the "Vision" clearing customs and this was pre-9/11. Our blue-tagged luggage was NOT in the blue tag section which didn't help, plus "RCI" did not load the busses by departure times so even though a sympathetic driver rushed us to the terminal, we were late by minutes. Now with all the screening (which I am thankful for) even the lines in Alaska were LOOOONNNNNGGGG.

Having said all that, will 1100 work? It sure can, just know you are running the risks.
Old November 20th, 2002, 11:43 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: early disembark miami

The problem is not getting off the ship... assuming it is "cleared" early and you have an early color. It is the long delays at Immigration and Customs that can hold things up, once you are off. You should make it, though.