Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 26th, 2002, 02:24 PM
First Mate

Default Christmas and New Years cruise

My wife and I are taking our 2nd cruise with RCCL and it is over Christmas and New Years on Splendor of the seas. I was wondering if anyone knew if they did anything special for the holidays and, what sort of things they will do? Any information would be appreciated...

Thanks,
Paul
Sponsored Links
Old November 30th, 2002, 08:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to DanaB
Default Re: Christmas and New Years cruise

I'm cruising on Sovereign of the Seas for Christmas. From what I hear, the ship will be decorated festive for the holidays, and there will be non-denomination services...as for food, I have read that some ships have traditional holiday fare, but can't get a straight answer about it for this cruise. I have not heard if the shows or entertainment is different, either. I also can't get a straight up answer about which night is the formal night. I do hear that Christmas cruise is more dressy than average, but then some of the reviews of SoS have expressed that many don't dress formal on formal night. I just want to have fun and go snorkeling and have my clothes all set aside for the trip, if what I wear isn't good enough for others, they can look away

I would imagine that there will be cruisers who are of many different faiths and beliefs, so RCI may not make too many adjustments in the cruise other than the decorations.

I wish I knew more to tell you. Have a great cruise!

Dana

Sovereign of the Seas - 12/22/02
Sovereign of the Seas - 04/27/03
Sovereign of the Seas - 09/04/03 *and* 09/07/03
Old December 2nd, 2002, 06:02 AM
Passenger

Send a message via ICQ to Brandis
Default Re: Re: Christmas and New Years cruise

We were on last years Voyager of the Sea New Years cruise and will be on this years of Enchantment.

Dec. 31 was a formal evening, there was a special menu and you could keep that nights menu booklet (you always had to return the ones for the other nights, they were on sale at the Purser's desk...).

In the dining room, there were Tiaras and cardboard tophats on the tables, as well as noisemakers and confetti streamer bands.

Starting around 11.30, there was a big party on the Promenade with free champagn and caviar canapes. The countdown was done by the captain who was present in person.

After midnight, parties with different styles of music where going on all around the ship.

It was a very special occasion and I'm looking forward to the my next one in a couple of weeks.

Next cruise:
Enchantment of the Seas: 12/29/02