It seems that cruise prices drop markedly about 6-7 weeks before the cruise. Is it better to wait for a better deal (in our case, we want to go Feb. 8, so we need to wait another 10-14 days) or book now and try to get a credit if prices drop? Thanks.
p.s. We are looking at Celebrity Millenium and RC Navigator, Explorer and Voyageur of the Seas.
I always book very early as you can see by my signature line. then I send an e-mail to my cruise specialist every month and have them check the rate for me. You will get a better selection of room locations by booking early. I also have a rate-tracker on the icruise web-site that tracks the price for me. Have fun
MARINER OF THE SEAS 10/31/2004
Fantasy 1991 AND 2002
How do you get a credit if the price drops? Does your travel agent take care of the credit, and is it the difference between what you paid and what it dropped to, or is there some fee of some sort charged?
To get an idea of what some of the prices are, you can post on the "bargain finder" here at Cruisemates, where travel agents will e-mail you the information. Its a great tool and a time saver. Only drawback from not booking is you may want a certain cabin that will not be available if you wait too long.
Good Luck with your search, here is the link to the bargain finder:
I booked directly with carnival the first time. On two occasions when I e-mailed my Carnival agent she replied that there had been a price drop and she informed me of the amount. It was $20.00 one time and $60.00 another time. For two tickets that was a savings of $160.00 for a four night trip on the Fantasy. now I'm booked through i-cruise.com and they say to do the same thing.