Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 8th, 2002, 11:22 AM
Beginner

Default need advice re: time needed from Miami airport

We're taking the Feb. 8 cruise on the Navigator of the Seas (leaves at 5:00 p.m.). We live in Atlanta and plan to fly into Miami that morning. We're buying plane tix separately (my wife has a credit on Delta and I have miles to use).

How far away is the airport and how much should it cost to get to the Miami port? I know RC has buses, though I have not seen a price.

Also, are we really risking it by flying in the morning of the cruise? We're taking an 8:30 a.m. flight. There also are 9:50 and 11:25 a.m flights if something goes wrong with the first one. We don't want to come in the night before if at all possible.
Sponsored Links
Old December 8th, 2002, 12:45 PM
First Mate

Default Re: need advice re: time needed from Miami airport

I don't think you'll have a problem since you probably have a direct flight. We live in Dayton OH. and have to change planes. Last year we had flight delays in Dayton AND Charlotte which got us to Miami at 2 PM instead of 10:30 AM. We took the 3:00 (and last) RCI shuttle (without our luggage, which was still in the air on the flight we should have taken from Char., but was delayed due to a cracked windshield) The shuttle was great, probably more expensive than a taxi ($22 each, return trip inc.), but as first-timers we were paranoid about missing the boat and felt safer with the shuttle.
We are booked on the Exp. again in Jan. and will use the shuttle again. Our worry this year is lack of flights that get us to Miami earlier than 1:19 PM. If we have delays like last year we are in deep doodoo. We are changing in Atl. instead of Char. this year. The only other choice was changing in Chicago--not a good idea in the winter. The only direct flights available from Dayton, Cincy or Columbus would get us to Miami around 4--way too late..We considered flying down a day early or even driving to my dad's, 60 mi N. of Tampa, spending the night and driving down to Miami the next day. But that is a lot of driving (in the winter). So we are praying the 1:19 arr. takes place and our luggage stays with us.
Go for the earliest flight you can and take the shuttle.
Old December 8th, 2002, 06:29 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: need advice re: time needed from Miami airport

It is about a 25 minute ride from airport to the pier. If you don't want to take RCI shuttle you can take a cab or take "Super Shuttle" they are available at ground level of the airport. We were a group of 8 last year and had a super shuttle just for us... cost was $50 for 8 people. I think it's about $8 dollars pp each way. Pretty sure they have an 800 number....(call the 800 operator). Have fun!
Old December 10th, 2002, 09:04 AM
Steve B.

Default Re: Re: Re: need advice re: time needed from Miami airport

Just got home from the Voyager. We were going to take the RCI shuttle, but took a cab instead. (the RCI guy in the airport said that a cab would be faster and cheaper). SO, the two of us jumped in a cab and it took about 20min to get there. The Fare was only $18 for the both of us. (Note, the rates are a flat posted rate and not charged by the mile)