Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 20th, 2002, 10:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to DanaB
Default 2 RCI Questions

Okay, there are three of us going on the cruise Sunday, and we all have the same last name, so our travel documents came in the same bound RCI book, and there is just one form for the onboard charge account. Well, will we be able to have three seperate sign & sail accounts? We are all adults and wish to be taking care of our own individual expences even though we booked the cruise together.

Also, when we booked the cruise, the TA did an inquiry about a pre-cruise package, which we decided against. When I picked up the travel documents, there was a air-to-hotel transfer, then a hotel-to-pier transfer, and of course the itenerary listed a pre-cruise stay on the 21st, only the air was accuarte for the flights being on the 22nd, so the TA called RCI and found that the inquiry had never been deleted from the original booking, and the TA had actually foot the bill for it. Well, we would have taken it if we could have gotten the air changed, but by that time there was NO WAY to do that so close to the holidays...so anyway, we were told that our names are on the "manifest list" for the air-to-pier transfer, that the bus will be taking us to the pier from the airport. Should I be concerned that we don't have an actual/physical air-to-pier transfer voucher? I mean, looking at our documents it is obvious we booked and paid for the whole deal. The TA said not to worry, but you know how it goes, last minute worrying.
Thanks!

Dana

Sovereign of the Seas - 12/22/02
Sovereign of the Seas - 04/27/03
Sovereign of the Seas - 09/04/03 *and* 09/07/03
Sponsored Links
Old December 21st, 2002, 11:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: 2 RCI Questions

Yes, most of our cruises have been with family, with 3 or 4 to a room. Im a JR so when traveing with my dad, we have the same name. My family lives all over the country. Usually I get all the cruise documents. When you check in, they will set up as many different charge accounts as you want. Each person will give them the charge card for their own account. You can also tell them who you want on the same sign and sail account. We put my wife and son and mother on ours, my brother puts his family on and my dad does his own. On our last cruise, we did not have any vouchers for the transfers to the ship from the airport. They had us on the list, no problem at all.
Old December 23rd, 2002, 02:27 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: 2 RCI Questions

I agree with Ken. Having cruised a dozen times with "RCI," I swear the transfers are always hit and miss as to whether or not they are needed. Their ground crew has (almost) always been a great help and I think things should go smoothly!