Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 26th, 2002, 10:38 AM
Passenger

Default Cat. C cabins on Adventure, Explorer, Navigator, Voyager

Is a Cat. C cabin that much larger than Cat. D? Has anyone stayed in this category? The brochure describes Cat. C as a suite. Is it?
Sponsored Links
Old December 26th, 2002, 01:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Cat. C cabins on Adventure, Explorer, Navigator, Voyager

Hi Brook,
You may be able to tell more by looking at the different cabin catagories at this site:

http://www.cruisestateroom.com/84793...hips-frame.htm

We had a Cat D on Explorer and found that cabin to be a really nice size, loved the layout, but I think with a Cat C. you actually get a bath rub, which I would love.

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 26th, 2002, 09:55 PM
Yeoman

"C" is usually a mini-suite and we found it to be too large for the 2 of us when we were on a "busy" itinerary onboard the "Splendour." Even tough it was in the aft section, which we love, there wasn't enough down time to enjoy the oversized balcony and the extra room space. But on the "Voyager" class ships category "C" is almost 100 feet larger than a "D" and if you were lucky enough to get an aft facing balcony, I would consider it a suite and book it in a heartbeat!
Old December 26th, 2002, 11:18 PM
Suzan

Default Re: Re: Cat. C cabins on Adventure, Explorer, Navigator, Voy

Robbie,,Hi,,what do youmean,,you would book a C with an aft facing balcony,,hiw bout a C..in deck 10 mid ship? thanks
Old December 29th, 2002, 06:35 PM
Lisa LeDrew

Hello
We are booked in room 7694 cat. C on deck 7 with an aft balcony on the Adventure.I was told that these rooms have a obstructed view. Does anyone know about this? Is the obstructed view worth the extra large balcony?
We like to lie in the sun on the balcony-so i am hoping that the sun will still make its way in.
thanks
Old December 30th, 2002, 06:31 PM
Hannah

Default Re: Re: Cat. C cabins on Adventure, Explorer, Navigator, Voy

Does anyone have any pictures of the cat. C? If so, could you please send them to me? Thanks so much!!!
Old January 1st, 2003, 08:53 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: Re: Cat. C cabins on Adventure, Explorer, Navigator,

Don't know why I didn't see your post before this but yes, a "C" in mid-ship would be great on the "Voyager class" ships. I am partial to aft-facing cabins when my wife is with me and definitely mid-ship when my Mom goes with me (each will only cruise with me once per year so I may create a single but not really single group on here). Anyway, the aft balconies on many of the ships are extended balconies but "Voyager class" ships are unique (www.cruisestateroom for layout). Last thing, I have said before, I think the "C" is too much cabin for 2 people if you are going on a busy itinerary (not in the cabin much).