Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 26th, 2002, 01:49 PM
Browezilla

Default Transferrable Discount Coupons

Hi all,

I've seen several appends here where folks have transferrable $50 off coupons on future RCCL cruises. If anyone has any they aren't going to use, i would appreciate it if you wouldn't mind donating them to my group. Right now I have 10+ people that are booking on RCCL for next year (fall).

If you have any you don't mind sharing with us, please email me and I'll send you my address. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old December 27th, 2002, 12:22 PM
Molly Boman

Default Re: Transferrable Discount Coupons

email me...I have a coupon you can have!!
Old December 27th, 2002, 12:23 PM
Molly Boman

oops!!! my email address might be helpful!!
mollyk@net66.com
Old December 27th, 2002, 04:11 PM
Browezilla

Below is my email:
browezilla@yahoo.com
Old December 27th, 2002, 05:01 PM
truthsayer

Next people will be asking for money. Hey, yeah, that's it, send money! Where can I find a gif that's a homeless guy with a little hat in his hand?
Old December 31st, 2002, 12:23 PM
Browezilla

Default Re: Re: Transferrable Discount Coupons

Thank you for the "Friend" coupons. My travel agent is applying each coupon to a cabin.
Old January 4th, 2003, 04:11 PM
Browezilla

Thanks for the "Friends" coupons I've received already. My TA has applied them to our sailings, so each cabin (1 per coupon) will get a $50 savings. I have three more cabins that I could use the coupons for if there are any other folks out there that have the friend coupons and won't be using them.

We can't wait for out trip on the Navigator. We loved our sailing on the Adventure.

Cheers
Old January 10th, 2003, 12:38 AM
JENNIE

Default Re: Re: Transferrable Discount Coupons

I would be interested in any if there are some still out there. We are getting ready to book the Radiance for May 2003 for Alaska. Please email me with questions or info. I would to get find a transferrable coupon. Thanks in advance.

JENNIE
Old January 10th, 2003, 07:56 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Transferable Discount Coupons

I'm curious about something here. Generally, those coupons carry some restrictions as to the types of fares they can be applied to (the fine print). Many preclude usage in conjunction with some of the special promo and/or group fares, regional specials and so forth, which may be available in your area. (Some coupons have no such restrictions).

My point is only this... have you checked around to be sure that there isn't a promotional fare out there that is much lower than the fare you are paying, even after applying the coupons? There may not be and you may be getting a great deal with the coupon. Then again, the cruise lines don't set their pricing in a vacuum.

When I read you post, though, some flags went up in my mind.

Post Edited (01-10-03 07:57)
Old January 10th, 2003, 10:47 AM
Browezilla

Default Re: Re: Transferable Discount Coupons

At least for my group, we were able to apply it to the lowest fare I was able to find, but it applies to new bookings, and has to be applied before 2/02/03 I believe. The $50 came off of the lowest price RCCL gave my TA, and then the TA took their discounts off of that rate. The coupon is a "Friends" coupon, something like "give this coupon to a friend so they can enjoy a discount". It looks an aweful lot like the coupons in the Crown and Anchor book, but is intended to be given to a Friend.
Old January 10th, 2003, 12:55 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Transferable Discount Coupons

That sounds fine, Browezilla. Folks should always check to see if there is a lower fare against which the coupon cannot be used.

Old January 12th, 2003, 11:19 AM
Browezilla

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Transferable Discount Coupons

Absolutely ErnieMCC. Sometimes a coupon can mislead you into thinking it is the best deal, when a simple check on lowest price on the web will show it isn't. As in all major purchases, do a little homework before laying down hard earned cash.