Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 30th, 2002, 07:44 PM
Beginner

Default transportation from houston to galveston

Hi,

I am trying to figure out the best means of transportation from bush intercontinental airport to port galveston. I booked a last minute criuse and just asumed that there would be plenty of shuttle services. I have not found too many and the ones I found are costing quite a bit. Does anyone have any experience in this area or any suggestions? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2002, 08:36 PM
Captain

Default Re: transportation from houston to galveston

Have you tried to purchase a transfer from the Cruise line?
We did this with Carnival a while back.
You next best bet is your travel agent, They can generally find anything.
Have fun
Old December 31st, 2002, 08:24 PM
Spilo

try www.galveston limo.com

They offer all day pick-up and drop-off at both Houston airports. Very reasonable.

Hope this helps

Srpilo
Old January 1st, 2003, 12:15 AM
HMH

I live in Galveston. Galvestonlimo.com is definately the way to go. Some words of advice. Make a reservation. Call and confirm the reservation. And call again to confirm as close to your departure as possible. They do not have a manned desk at either airport. They have a desk only. Stay near the desk at your pick up time, and it wouldn't hurt to have a Galveston Limo? Sign on you. They have been known to leave people stranded. Not trying to scare you, just give good advice. Sometimes, they fall asleep driving, but if you keep a good conversation going, it will be ok.
Old January 5th, 2003, 12:25 AM
AR

Default Re: Re: transportation from houston to galveston

What a great recommendation!

I'll certainly keep them in my little black book if I ever come to Galveston. Along with a bottle of No-Doz.

I have no idea about the situation at the Galveston port, but if they have one or more car rental agencies there, it might be easiest to just rent a car and drive over. Many ports have rental agencies on the grounds or close enough by that they'll just run you over there when you turn the car in. You can check on the net at the rental agency sites for all their locations.

AR
Old January 5th, 2003, 10:10 AM
Dan Miller

Default Re: Re: Re: transportation from houston to galveston

For 2 adults 2 kids your going to pay $200. I think this is rather high. What about a local taxi for $60 one way for everyone?
Old January 6th, 2003, 11:09 PM
Sooshie

Try looking up the airport website. There are usually guidelines for the different types of shuttles/taxis to common destinations that would include the costs. There are probably links that will take you to those shuttle/taxi businesses so you can make reservations or sometimes check prices online. Good luck.