Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 3rd, 2003, 05:28 PM
Beginner

Default D7 room size

My family (2 adults and 2 kids) are goung to be on the Explorer of The Seas this coming Feb. When I booked the room I specified that I needed 3 seperate beds. I know their is a bed and a couch that pulls out to a bed, but does the room have an upper berth? I specified this with my TA and see told me now problem. When I look at the room pictures and diagrams, I don't see an additional bed. Does anyone know if there are actually 3 seperate beds?
Sponsored Links
Old January 26th, 2003, 01:58 PM
Mary Martin

Default Re: D7 room size

There is not an extra bed in a D7 other then a sofa bed according to my travel agents guide for RCI. It states and I qoute "188 sq.ft,balcony 50 sq.ft. Two twin beds (can convert to a queen size) sitting area ( some with sofa bed), mini bar, and private balcony"
unquote. It says nothing about pull down beds. My husband and I have shared a balcony room with another couple and were quite comfortable on the sofa bed. If you leave the beds in the room as twins, then with the sofa bed you will have three beds.
We alternated days on the queen size bed and the sofa bed. I hope this helps. We had plenty of room to move around by the way.
Have fun and happy cruising,
Mary Martin
mmarti18@hotmail.com
Old January 26th, 2003, 05:43 PM
RCCL Design webmaster

Default Re: D7 room size

Your TA is right, there can be an upper berth, you can see pictures of such configuration on my website about the Voyager-class ships : http://www.voyager-class.com - go to "onboard pics" then "virtual tour", "deck 7", click on the D7 cat link and you'll get to the photo gallery... hope this helps
Romain
Old January 26th, 2003, 10:43 PM
Mary Martin

Default Re: Re: D7 room size

I'm not sure where you got the ship layout on your wonderful website (great pictures by the way), but in the book I got from Royal Caribbean that is for Travel Agents, where your layout shows little stars for rooms 7514,7516,7214 and 7216 which would indeed indicate there are 3rd pullmans available. On my deck layout it shows triangles for those rooms which would indicate sleeper sofas. Of course I am a new comer to the business, and I may have a misprinted book. My best bet is to call RCI and ask them directly which I will do in the morning when they are open. I certainly want to give my clients the correct information. Thanks so much for putting up a special website for Voyager class ships, they really are in a class all by theirselves.
mmarti18