Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 25th, 2003, 07:53 AM
Passenger

Default ????Beer/Alcohol Cards????

Does RCI offer/sell beer cards for a flat rate plus gratituty like the soda cards?? or is it a punch card system??? if so do they have a punch card for alcoholic drinks, namely margaritas
Sponsored Links
Old January 25th, 2003, 12:03 PM
First Mate

Default Re: ????Beer/Alcohol Cards????

They have an alcohol card. It is $39 plus tip for 12 drinks. It is cheaper to buy beer without using the card. You should be able to use the card to buy a margarita. I hope this helps.
Old January 26th, 2003, 09:41 PM
First Mate

Just back from the Explorer. We bought a cocktail card this time (stupidly forgetting to wait till we had sailed away from Miami to avoid tax) We used it for margaritas, pina coladas, wine in the dining room. Go to any bar and ask about it. The bartender will give you a card that explains the program. It does save money. Reading from the card, It says it includes: House and call brand cocktails (12 oz) including frozen drinks, Domestic beers, draft (12 oz) and bottles. House wines by the glass.
We also saved with our Crown and Anchor coupon books. One of the coupons was a Two for One drinks , which we also used for margaritas. If you have sailed with RCI before make sure you join before sailing. You can do it on -line or by phone. Check out the RCI website.
If this is your first RCI cruise, join while on the ship. You'll be eligible for the perks next time you sail RCI.
Old January 28th, 2003, 01:31 PM
Rep

Default Re: Re: ????Beer/Alcohol Cards????

Kathie,
Thanks for the drink card information. Just a few questions. What was the price for the card? Was there a separate card for "just beer"? Also did you notice if they were selling "buckets" of beers and if so what the price was for these. Thanks for any info you can provide. Sailing March 1st and can not wait to get away from winter weather.

Rep
Old January 28th, 2003, 02:33 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: ????Beer/Alcohol Cards????

Rep---what line on your on 03/01/03---We are on the Navigotor on 03/01/03
Old January 28th, 2003, 08:18 PM
First Mate

The price is $37 for 12 drinks ($3.08 per drink), but if the ship is still in Miami they add $2 tax. We used it for cocktails (pina colada, margarita, whiskey sour) beer and wine( accepted in the dining room for wine). Don't know about buckets of beer--I'm not a beer drinker.
Last year I was pleasantly surprised to find out soft drinks were free in the dining room. This year they charged $1.50. I don't drink enough to warrant a soda card, and we had wine more often than last year, so I just ordered a glass of milk when I didn't have wine. Don't drink coffee or tea and lemonade doesn't appeal to me. Fri. at lunch I had a diet Coke--big splurge!!
Old January 28th, 2003, 10:09 PM
Rep

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: ????Beer/Alcohol Cards????

Jayne,
We are on the Explorer on the March 1st sailing. Rep
Old February 6th, 2003, 08:17 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: ????Beer/Alcohol Cards????

I'm a Crown & Anchor member but I don't recall seeing any drink coupons in the C&A magazine. Where did you get the 2 for 1 coupons?
Old February 6th, 2003, 09:25 AM
DebbieF

Default Re: Re: Re: ????Beer/Alcohol Cards????

Kathie,

That is a pretty good price for the card-did it also include the 15% gratuity? Thanks. Deb
Old February 15th, 2003, 02:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: ????Beer/Alcohol Cards????

Would also like to know where you got the 2 for 1 drinks coupons from?
Tracey
Old February 15th, 2003, 04:37 PM
alice

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ????Beer/Alcohol Cards????

Re: Tw o for one....you get a book of goodies when you become a C & A member. This booklet is put in your cabin by room attendant when you arrive. Our wonderful attendant also brought us a chair...we think if two people pay for cabin, there should be two chairs.
Old February 15th, 2003, 09:55 PM
mlbcruiser

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ????Beer/Alcohol Cards????

When you say the card is good for "frozen drinks", what about the fancy ones like the Mango Tangos, Love Connections and so forth? (PLEASE ANSWER!) Also, do only NEW members of the Crown and Anchor Society get those coupon books? I don't recall that we EVER got one, even though we've cruised w/RCI many times, so I was just wondering.