Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 31st, 2003, 11:29 AM
camille

Default which cruise with 13 year old son?

We are thinking of taking our 13 year old son on his first cruise (our third, previously sailed Carnival), any ideas on a good choice ? We are interested in one of the newer ships since we think they might have more to offer than the older ones. Any suggestions would be great !
Sponsored Links
Old January 31st, 2003, 11:57 AM
Dianna

Default Re: which cruise with 13 year old son?

camille wrote:

> We are thinking of taking our 13 year old son on his first
> cruise (our third, previously sailed Carnival), any ideas on a
> good choice ? We are interested in one of the newer ships since
> we think they might have more to offer than the older ones. Any
> suggestions would be great !

I highly recomend Navigator of the Seas. There is so much to do on it for everyone. For your son there is rock climbing, in line skating, ice skating, a huge arcade, minature golf, basketball court & planned things to do for teens also plus all of the other wonderful things on a ship.
Old January 31st, 2003, 01:54 PM
Jerry Edgar

Default Re: Re: which cruise with 13 year old son?

I agree. BAsically any of the new huge Royal Caribbean ships are supposed to be excellent fro kids of all ages. Good luck. I am jealous.
Jerry (www.smartbizop.com)
Old January 31st, 2003, 03:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Re: which cruise with 13 year old son?

Hi Camille,
Yes, the "Voyager" class ships are great for cruising with kids/families of all ages. They have one in and around the Caribbean, so just pick the area of the Caribbean you want to cruise and you can fine one of these mega ships. There is a lot to do onboard, your son will love it. We cruised on Explorer and had a great time, good food and service and the shows are the best, especially the ice show, don't miss that, also a parade or two during the week.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 31st, 2003, 05:45 PM
browezilla

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: which cruise with 13 year old son?

For sure the Voyager-class ships (Voyager, Explorer, Adventure, Navigator) will offer plenty for a 13 year old. I would suggest of the 4, choose the Navigator as the children and teens area was increased by 1/3 over the other ships I believe. On this class of ship, I've heard that 1/3 of the passengers are children. Your son will have a great time!
Old January 31st, 2003, 08:21 PM
cricket55

Default Re: which cruise with 13 year old son?

I definitely agree with the other postings....just returned from Voyager 1/19 sailing and there were lots of kids that age on board and they definitely seemed to "connect" and get together on board. I would say that any of the Voyager class ships (Voyager, Exporer, Navigator or Adventure would be a great choice for kids of any age. You may want to make another choice if you don't enjoy kids, however, because there are a lot of them. I would say that the ports of call are secondary to the ship in the case of cruising with kids in this case. Although our teen son thoroughly enjoyed climbing Dunns River Falls in Jamaica and swimming with the Stingrays in Cayman, if that is of any help. Either way, the Voyager class ships are amazing and the best cruise experience we've ever had.