Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 31st, 2003, 12:11 PM
Beginner

Default Balcony on Navigator

Can someone please tell me if the Navigator of the Seas has solid steel walls between their balconies, or if they are just glass partitions? We are thinking about reserving a catagory DB - Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah for the Feb 22 cruise. Any comments on this cabin catagory, or which level of the ship is best???

Thanks, Janellen
Sponsored Links
Old January 31st, 2003, 12:29 PM
Dianna

Default Re: Balcony on Navigator

janellen wrote:

> Can someone please tell me if the Navigator of the Seas has
> solid steel walls between their balconies, or if they are just
> glass partitions? We are thinking about reserving a catagory
> DB - Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah for the Feb 22 cruise. Any
> comments on this cabin catagory, or which level of the ship is
> best???
>
> Thanks, Janellen

On the balconies there is just the glass. We had our 2 and a half year old grandson with us and never worried about it. They are very high.
Old February 1st, 2003, 04:56 PM
croozbabe

Default Re: Re: Balcony on Navigator

Dianna, I believe Janellen is inquiring about the partitions BETWEEN the balconies, NOT the part overlooking the water...
Old February 1st, 2003, 06:18 PM
Dianna

Default Re: Re: Re: Balcony on Navigator

croozbabe wrote:

> Dianna, I believe Janellen is inquiring about the partitions
> BETWEEN the balconies, NOT the part overlooking the water...

If I remember right the doors that divide the balconies are the glass looking ones too. We kept all of ours opened because the three familys were in a roll.
Old February 2nd, 2003, 12:34 PM
croozbabe

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Balcony on Navigator

I assume that means you have no privacy from your neighbors while on your balcony, right? If the dividers are glass, they can see you...
Old February 2nd, 2003, 01:12 PM
Dianna

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Balcony on Navigator

croozbabe wrote:

> I assume that means you have no privacy from your neighbors
> while on your balcony, right? If the dividers are glass, they
> can see you...

it is not clear glass but milk glass. We could not see through it.
Old February 3rd, 2003, 07:56 PM
cricket55

Default Re: Balcony on Navigator

One one side of the balcony there is a "glass" wall but you can't really see thru it except for shadows...the other side is metal. If you lean out over the railing even a little bit however, you can easily see into your neighbours balcony and a little bit into the cabin.

IMPORTANT: Make sure you get a balcony room on the 7th floor or higher, the 6th floor has a metal wall in the front rather than mostly glass like the upper floors which will impede your view of outside, especially from inside the cabin. The DB rooms are almost the same as the D7 etc rooms, except they are just slightly smaller but nothing significant. The positioning of the DB rooms is good because they are more mid ship than the others. We had a D7 room with a pull out couch for our son, although you have to book these early because there are relatively few and there is usually a waiting list for these.