Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 10th, 2003, 07:21 PM
Lisa A.

Default RCL or Princess

Hi -

I am looking for more opinions on the differences between Princess and RCL - we really like Princess and dislike Carnival. We have never tried RCL however the ships look great and the itineraries are better suited for our family. We are in our early 40's have 2 kids 8 and 10 and lead a very active lifestyle. All opinions are welcome!
Sponsored Links
Old February 10th, 2003, 07:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: RCL or Princess

Hi Lisa,
I'd certainly suggest trying out one of the RCCL "Voyager" class ships. They are great for cruising with your family, activities for just about any age group, also I think your kids would absolutely love it. I don't think you'd be disappointed :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 10th, 2003, 10:11 PM
First Mate

I'll add to Donna's reply that you could also consider the Radiance (or Brilliance) as we thought the kids facilities were better than those on the Sea Princess (although it was fine). Note too that I believe they can get free ice cream in the Windjammer cafe whereas they could only get it free at meals or at certain times with the kids club.

I'm sure Donna could give you a report in a few weeks!

richard

Post Edited (02-10-03 22:12)
Old February 10th, 2003, 10:38 PM
David Starkey

Default Re: Re: RCL or Princess

My teens enjoyed all the RCI cruises we have done in Alaska, but they complained about the teen programs on Princess in Alaska. We are in our 40's and have found RCI very good if you are sailing with children.
Old February 11th, 2003, 09:25 AM
Browezilla

If you have an active lifestyle, you'll love RCCL. There is so much to do on their new ships. It combines the best entertainment features of Carnival with the service/food qualities approaching Celebrity. Definitely try the Voyager class (Voyager, Explorer, Adventure, Navigator) or the Radiance/Brillance ships.
Old February 11th, 2003, 01:25 PM
Yeoman

I have done several cruises with both companies but don't have kids. Both the "Radiance" and the "Brilliance" have much to offer them but my one cruise on the "Radiance" was to Hawaii and the facilities for young people seemed almost unused. As the word gets out and the prices stay low, I would expect both of these ships to be a blast for the youngsters. They certainly are great ships and am booked on each of them later this year.
Old February 11th, 2003, 04:14 PM
susancruzs

Both lines are my favorite but I think I would go with the RCI ships, especially the Voyager class.

I was on the Golden Princess at Thanksgiving time and the kids all seemed to be having a great time but I think RCI has the edge in this department with their newer ships. I just think your kids will enjoy the RCI ships, just a tad more!

Also I think the overall passenger age will be younger, too. Of course, with the Megas that doesn't matter as much because you get such a wide range of people!

Susie