Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2003, 11:27 AM
First Mate

Default ONLINE BOOKING

Anyone else here that Bestpricecruises.com is under investigation? My TA told me they are because they give a low quote then when you actually book with credit card # they raise the price. Just wondering if anyone else heard this.

I got a quote from Bestpricecruises.com for Navigator CAT I ocean view cabin of $579, and $649.00 from TA. Of course I want to go the cheaper one, but am affraid to now.
Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2003, 11:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: ONLINE BOOKING

We've had NO difficulty with Best Price Cruises and have used them a number of times. We did a group cruise with them a couple of years back with 480 people and it went off without hitch.

Just who did your TA say is "supposedly" investigating them? Once you book, you get a confirmation of your booking, stating the price, so what your TA is implying wouldn't work anyway for more than 5 minutes.

Honestly sounds to me like someone who is upset they aren't capable of matching prices with Best Price Cruises, and making up stories.

Old February 14th, 2003, 11:57 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: ONLINE BOOKING

He did not say who was doing the investigating..............but I was thinking the same thing as you.

I think I will go ahead and book with Bestpricecruises...........just a little nervouse as I have always booked with a TA. I am sure it will be fine.
Old February 14th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have checked their prices out, and it is true. They do give out false information in Pricing. They will quote you the lowest price on the ship like a special state rate or senior rate even if your not a senior. This is not the first time.
Old February 14th, 2003, 01:21 PM
Yeoman

I dunno about being investigated but keep in mind .."buyer beware" with any company. "Cruise411" jacked me up when they found out I had "RCI" coupons and unfortunately I hadn't printed out their initial offer. Otherwise I would have been on them like a tasmanian devil (OK.. me and the Better Business Bureau). I just had to cancel the booking and post what happened on here. The T/A use now is online AND lives in the adjoining town so I am quite happy.

Hope you get a great deal, Robbie
Old February 14th, 2003, 03:06 PM
Admiral

Misleading prices is'nt unusual in any product. That is why you need to ask questions, research, and read that fine print. Buyer should always BEWARE.