Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2003, 05:34 AM
Rep

Default Transportation from airport to hotel / pier

I'm sure I read information on this subject on this board in the past, however, I couldn't find anything when I went back to older messages. I understand that taking a cab from the airport to the pier is recommended by some and costs 18.00, flat fee. The "SuperShuttle" is another option to take from the airport to the pier.
My question is, what is the best way to go from the airport to our hotel in downtown Miami and what will it cost? How about from the hotel (Hyatt Downtown) to the pier and, upon our return, what is the recommended transportation from the pier to the airport and it's cost?
Cruising on March 1st on the Explorer. Thanks for any and all information.
Sponsored Links
Old February 19th, 2003, 07:46 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Transportation from airport to hotel / pier

Taxi taxi taxi. It's always the fastest way and least expensive... although many hotels do offer free shuttle service from the hotel to the Port, so I'd check on that leg. The taxi is a flat rate for the cab... which can hold from 2 to 4 people, depending on the size. They are plentiful and dependable in Miami. Back from the Port to the airport or hotel... the cab will get you there while others are still waiting for the wandering shuttles or buses to fill up.

Old February 19th, 2003, 04:28 PM
MARY MARTIN

Royal Caribbean has a shuttle from the Miami Airport to the pier for $22.00 per person rountrip, and if you fly into Ft. Lauderdale and are sailing out of Miami it's $36.00 per person roundtrip.
Mary Martin
Old February 19th, 2003, 08:42 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Transportation from airport to hotel / pier

Mary... that's $44 for two people.... and you have to w a i t and w a i t and w a i t... until the bus fills up... and then may make stops at other terminals before departing for the Port. Why in the world would you not take a cab? Half the money, more comfortable and half the time or less.

Old February 20th, 2003, 06:54 AM
Rep

Default Re: Re: Re: Transportation from airport to hotel / pier

ErnieMCC,
You mentioned the "flat fee" for the taxi's. Is there a flat fee to each different hotel or is it a flat fee to downtown, the pier, etc.? Is the flat fee posted anywhere (at the airport etc?) It certainly sounds like the taxi route is the way to go. We will be traveling in a group of 4 from the airport to the hotel; and then a group of 8 from the hotel to the pier. Will the taxi's be the way to go even with a group of 8 (2 cabs)? I don't believe our hotel has a shuttle to the pier. Thanks again for the info.
Old February 20th, 2003, 07:52 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Transportation from airport to hotel / pier

The flat rate is only from the Airport to the Pier. Otherwise, they are metered. If your hotel is in downtown Miami, it is just a short, inexpensive ride to the pier... again, a taxi is the way. There is a City of Miami uniformed taxi starter at all the taxi pick up points in the airport. Cabs cannot just cruise for fares inside MIA. The starter will tell you the rate... although it may be posted too.

Old February 20th, 2003, 11:32 AM
MARY MARTIN

You can go with RCI's shuttle one way from the ship to Miami airport for $11.00 per person.