Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2003, 04:00 PM
Debbie M

Default Nordic Empress to Bermuda

We are taking a cruise to Bermuda on the Nordic Empress. Would love any information I can get on ship and Bermuda. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old February 22nd, 2003, 05:41 PM
Firedog001

Default Re: Nordic Empress to Bermuda

Hello Debbie:
My wife and I will be going on our fourth cruise aboard the Nordic Empress and the third to Bermuda. This is our favorite ship and our favorite destination. When will you be going? We are scheduled for 9-7-03. The N.E. is a relatively small ship compared to the others in the fleet. Its a little older but well taken care of. We always found the food to be good and the service excellent. Entertainment on board is also good. As for Bermuda, it is beautiful. Good beaches and sight seeing. Do yourself a favor and don't rent Mopeds. VERY DANDEROUS. Any specific questions please feel free to E-Mail us. mjacobs72@attbi.com.
Marty & Lynda from Pittsburgh, Pa.
Old March 15th, 2003, 03:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi there Debbie M. I'll be sailing on august 17, 2003. It'll be my first time on the NE. Bermuda on the other hand, i know is one of 'the best' islands in the atlantic. Great people, great atmosphere, tons of fun things to do. More upper class and less grimey looking than the other caribbean islands. In Hamilton on Front street, you wont find it hard to figure out what to do. In the royal naval dockyard( i think ), there are 2 understated places to check out. There is a snorkel park right off the boat that is super cheap and not very crowded. Stop in at the Frog and Onion pub, small place but they have the nicest people working there... i maybe paid for half the drinks i ordered. Just remember to tip the barmaid well and buy her a shot.
Have fun and dont forget to post what date you'll be going.
Old March 15th, 2003, 09:48 AM
Admiral

The Empress left her berth just before our ship (Sensation) did on February 8. She is beautiful, although she's a bit smaller than most cruise ships. I suspect she's probably a little more intimate. She looked great all lit up at night as we enterred the Gulf of Mexico.

Steve
Old March 26th, 2003, 08:48 PM
Passenger

We are cruising Nordic Empress 6\15\03. 1st time to Bermuda.
Old April 7th, 2003, 01:42 AM
Bunny

Default Re: Re: Nordic Empress to Bermuda

Our first cruise was on the NE and we fell in love with cruising. It is smaller than the other ships, but there was plenty to do and see. And the theater and dining room and centrum were very spacious. The room are little small, but there was plenty of storage space, and we did not spend enough time in it to care. We were with friends and if we lost each other it was easy to find the others. It is a very beautiful ship and in my opinion , the prettiest in the Bermuda ports, so open and airy. You will have a great time on the Nordic Empress and in Bermuda, I would go back there on the NE in a heartbeat!
Old April 8th, 2003, 06:52 PM
Beginner

We had a great time on this ship last summer, better than I expected, actually. After being on Voyager, I thought this would be a major disappointment. The rooms were smaller, which was hard for us with a 12 year old boy sleeping in the bunk above us... but there was plenty to do and we thought she looked great for her age. We have a fond memory of the final day at sea, when we watched Lord of the Rings in the big theater with blankets and snacks, laying on the couches with our feet on the chairs. It was lovely.

Bermuda is really amazing. You'll have a great time. I read all about the beaches and chose the ones where no one else went - we had a lovely time at Church Bay and Warwick Long Beach and all its little coves and inlets. And none of this was crowded - just avoid the beaches everyone else is talking about and it's great. We also made sure to get out to St. George's (we used the day the ship was changing ports) - something we didn't hear much about ahead of time were the little ferries that go from Royal Naval Dockyards to Hamilton or St. George - this was a nicer way to get there than by bus, we thought. There are littler ones that are used by the locals, too, that are almost like water buses - they stop at all the little docks. We took one one day from somewhere in Sandys Parish, I think, back to the Dockyards after a big walk on the old Railroad Path. We saw great fortresses and the Unfinished Chruch and Crystal Caves. We loved it all. We were not huge fans of the public bus system, which, while convenient and clean, does not necessarily stop and will not let you on if you're still damp from the beach. Still, we used it and the ferries to get around with our passes bought on the ship and it was a cheap way to see everything.

Bon Voyage!
Old April 9th, 2003, 07:56 PM
SH in NJ

My wife, Lynn, and I are also booked on the Nordic Empress for the 6/15/03 sailing. We can't wait!!! I did a lot of research of ships going to Bermuda and this one seemed to have eveything we wanted and also gets consistant rave reviews. Most important to us was a balcony room, which the Nordic Empress is the only ship to Bermuda to have them. Hope you have a great time and perhaps we'll all meet on the ship.
Old April 12th, 2003, 07:33 AM
Debbie M

Hi Mikey,

We are leaving on August 17th too. This is our first cruise and we are sooo excited.
Thanks so much for the info on Bermuda. We have never been there and its always great to talk to people who have already been. Who are you traveling with. I'm traveling with my husband, two kids and my mother in law.

Debbie
Old April 12th, 2003, 07:34 AM
Debbie M

Hi Mikey,

We are leaving on August 17th too. This is our first cruise and we are sooo excited.
Thanks so much for the info on Bermuda. We have never been there and its always great to talk to people who have already been. Who are you traveling with. I'm traveling with my husband, two kids and my mother in law.

Debbie
Old April 12th, 2003, 07:37 AM
Debbie M

We are leaving on 8/17 - please write and tell me all when you get back. Have a great trip.

Debbie
Old April 12th, 2003, 07:42 AM
Debbie M

Default Re: Re: Re: Nordic Empress to Bermuda

Hi

Donnap is leaving the same day as you Please write when you return and let me know how your trip was. Have a great time. Enjoy!!!!

Debbie
Old April 18th, 2003, 08:53 AM
Beginner

Anyone else out there on the Nordic Empress to Bermuda on June 15th, 2003. Would love to talk with and meet others on board.

58 days and counting

Old April 19th, 2003, 06:43 PM
Peery5

We are on the NE 6/15. Husband and 3 teenage girls. 3rd cruise. 1st to Bermuda. Go to Cruisecritic.com and register for the cruise critic party. There has to be 25 register to get it.
Old April 22nd, 2003, 10:13 AM
Teri D'Agostino

Myself, and 21 members of my family are going on the Nordic Empress on May 11. We are going on a Quest, to grant a wish of my mother's. What better day to start it than Mother' Day.
This is a once in a lifetime trip, that we can all take together. We will have ten children with us ages from 9 months, to 16 years.
Some of us have cruised before and some haven't. I heard so much about the NE being a family cruise ship. Small, so no one gets lost. Good food. great service.
We are all looking forward to this vacation together and wonder if there are any other families going that week.
Old April 24th, 2003, 02:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hey debbie M.
Sorry it took so long to respond. I nearly forgot i posted here. Im so glad to see that you'll be sailing with us!!!!
Don't know how old your children are but you might want to steer them clear of us. We're trouble. Just kidding. Its about 10 of us, ages from 21-26. About half of us have cruised before. We are actually a very friendly crowd. The ones who usually break up the fights of all of those fiesty teens. It'll be great to see fellow cruisemates on our ship.

Its very late here, i should go to bed. Write back soon.