Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 26th, 2003, 05:18 PM
lvu2cruise

Default PAYING TO MUCH CAUSE YOUR AMERICAN

hey joe i just got on a newspaper on line from san juan and saw this ad******* Radiance of the Seas from San Juan for 7 nights from $360.00 per person, based on double occupancy.
Departures on Feb. 1, 8, 15 & 22. Mar. 1, 8 & 15.

Carnival Destiny 7 Days Eastern Caribbean departing from San Juan from $478.00 per person.
$100.00 shipboard credit per cabin, for new reservations.
Departures on Feb. 02 & 16. Mar. 02, 16 & 30.

Adventure of the Seas from San Juan for 7 nights from $360.00 per person, based on double occupancy. Departures on Mar. 2, 9 & 16.

Constellation from San Juan for 7 nights from $311.00 per person, based on double occupancy.
Departures on Feb. 22. Mar. 1, 8 & 15.
talk to someone from sale at RCCL and said he thinks its only offered to people in puerto rico,and get this its not offer to americans .And i was on AOS last Aug.and i heard of discounts to them but not this much,And whats making me more angry is that i'm in new york and i dont see these discounts to us ,I do see the higher then normal prices their getting ,because its out of NEW YORK, and must people are to scared to fly.i check some prices on different cruise ships out of NY and they start and i mean start inside lowest deck at 1499.MAD AS HELL
hope this is wrong let us know
Sponsored Links
Old February 26th, 2003, 05:29 PM
lvu2cruise

Default Re: PAYING TO MUCH CAUSE YOUR AMERICAN

i meant being in america and not in san juan
Old February 26th, 2003, 08:18 PM
Admiral

Lvu... regional discounts are nothing new in cruising... they are done all the time by all the lines, on sailings from many ports, including San Juan (which last time I looked was very much part of America, with its residents being Citizens as well). Florida Resident rates are a classic example... and there are rates for many different states. Actually, today's Happy Hour program had super discounts on most sailings out of San Juan on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity, open to everyone.

You should ask your t/a to watch for these special rates for San Juan departures. They come up often. We actually have clients who live in San Juan and we frequently are able to beat the prices offered in San Juan... nothing unusual.

Post Edited (02-26-03 20:21)
Old February 28th, 2003, 01:12 PM
BillG

Default Re: Re: PAYING TO MUCH CAUSE YOUR AMERICAN

As Ernie and many others have indicated 'regional' discounts are not unusual and are not restricted to Puerto Rico. As with all ads highlighting low prices, the operative word is "from". Often you will find that few staterooms are available at the bargain rate, and the rate is only operative for limited sailings (usually during less desirable periods, ex: hurricane season etc.) Instead of looking for proof that others are somehow disadvantaging you and appearing extremely xenophobic and parochial, perhaps you should concentrate on more positive aspects of life. Of course if you firmly believe that residents of some other area are getting all the deals to your detriment, you could consider moving there to take advantage of these bargain rates. Somehow I don't think that solution would seem that appealing. ;-)
Old February 28th, 2003, 01:48 PM
hcat

Hello, San Juan is America. Floridians also get some nice deals --you can always check local papers down here.
Old February 28th, 2003, 02:03 PM
BillG

Default Re: Re: PAYING TO MUCH CAUSE YOUR AMERICAN

hcat: I believe that the original poster is aware of that fact, although he doesn't appear to be too thrilled about it.
Old February 28th, 2003, 04:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to dj

what was the website