Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 26th, 2003, 06:40 PM
JMW2003

Default 1st time cruise-Legend

Going on Legend of the Seas March 28-April 8; first cruise ever; any revies/advice would be HUGELY appreciated!!!
Sponsored Links
Old February 28th, 2003, 11:56 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: 1st time cruise-Legend

This is from a recent post I did on the "Legend of the Seas" ;

What I usually post on here about here is not to have high expectations. I was on her twice last year, a one week and a two week trip, and enjoyed her quite a bit. Food was not on par with the "Radiance" but she is down one star on the rating scale from that ship. The Captain (Rick Sullivan) and staff were top notch which impressed me plus I was on her inaugral through the canal in '95 so we have a history. Any specific questions you may have, feel free to e-mail me.
Old March 6th, 2003, 07:00 AM
Passenger

Default Re: 1st time cruise-Legend

We are on the legend as well, Hawaii to Ensenada, looking for info on our aft cabins, 7128 & 7634. Anyone stay in either of these?? How large is the balcony?
Would love to hear anything about the ship....
Old March 6th, 2003, 12:12 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: 1st time cruise-Legend

I did a response on your question about the "Rhapsody" but wanted to add a couple more things about the "Legend." The captain and crew really made the "Legend" a pleasure. Admittedly, we were asked to the Captain's table because of a favor from the head waiter that remembered me from a March trip with my wife (the August trip was with my Mom) but they were both great trips."Aayan" was the head waiter in March and "Jerry" in August and they both worked quite hard (which has been not been the case in many past cruises where the first time you see the head waiter is the night before tips go out). One dining tip I recommend is to have both breakfast and lunch in the dining room as often as possible ("RCI" has Eggs Benedict available every day). The reason for this is simple; the "Windjammer" is usually packed and the waiters in the dining room will usually accomodate you if you are in a hurry anyway (you have to tell them tho). We have also found many EXCELLENT lunch entrees that are fresh and distinctly different (the evening fare for a veteran cruiser seems to be a bunch of reruns, even the duck).

Again, available for email if you have any further questions about the "Legend."