Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2003, 03:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Feb 22nd Radiance review posted

Just got a notification that the review I wrote on Radiance of the SEas is up and posted in case any future Radiance cruises want to read through it:

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...Radiance16.cfm

Message Boards Moderator
Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2003, 09:18 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Feb 22nd Radiance review posted

Thx for the extensive review and wanted to know if you found out what those stairs are on the aft, port side?

P.S. We cancelled the Med on "Brilliance" due to world conditions and replaced it with Hawaii on the "Radiance" thi Sept!
Old March 9th, 2003, 08:28 AM
susancruzs

Great review, Donna! Glad you enjoyed your cruise! Nice to read a review without all the tiny, nit picky complaints!!! :-)

I'm counting down to the Brilliance, 6 sleeps away!

Susie
Old March 9th, 2003, 02:47 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Feb 22nd Radiance review posted

Robbie,
As far as I could tell, they were emergency stairs only. I never saw any passengers or crew using them. For our muster station/drill, we were supposed to use those stairs. There was another set of stairs further towards midship, for staff only.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 9th, 2003, 06:07 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: Re: Feb 22nd Radiance review posted

XLNT..Thanks! We are in #1104 (aft) in Sept and was wondering what the heck those were for and if they would create a noise concern. We originally were in 9256, right next to them. It had a heck of a balcony but it is booked up so we are "settling" for 1104 ;>)
Old March 9th, 2003, 06:43 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Feb 22nd Radiance review posted

Hi Robbie,
I don't think you would of heard any noise from that staircase, I never saw anyone use them at all. We did notice that we could hear the neighbors on one side of us, but not the other or above or below??? Its possible they were just noisy.

I just know you'll love that cabin and find it difficult to go back to a regular balcony :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 12th, 2003, 03:51 PM
Dean Renner

Hi Donna,

Sounds like you had a great cruise! I really enjoyed your review.

We cruised on the Pacific Northwest cruise in October, and really liked the Radiance, too! Interesting to see that you, too, experienced a noisy cabin -- it seems to be a defect throughout the ship.

Oh well -- I'll just bring earplugs next time we cruise on her!!

Dean
Old March 13th, 2003, 01:42 AM
First Mate

Donna,
Thanks for posting the review, and glad you enjoyed your trip and the ship. Did you try the coffee shop, or stick to the potent stuff? It WAS a long trek to the stairs, wasn't it <G>
IMHO the big design flaw of that class. You did point out the excellent Windjammer layout, which we found to be a huge plus. We'll also try the Seaview Cafe which we did not try on our PNW trip.

We're looking forward to our next trip, May 31 to Alaska, but with an inside on deck 8. It'll sure be a step down from 1092 (BUT closer to the stairs!)

richard
Old March 13th, 2003, 09:11 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Feb 22nd Radiance review posted

Hi Richard,
Nope, never had the "good" coffee, just the regular "Seattles Best", which was OK, nothing special. I did like the fact that you could easily find coffee, or iced tea during the day/evening with no problems.

Yes, the stairs/elevators were a bit too far from the back of the ship, there should of been another staircase at least in between there somewhere, the only major complaint I could find with the ship. She's a beauty for sure and I'm a big fan of the Royal Caribbean atriums, and this one didn't disappoint me at all, just amazing!

Enjoy your Alaska cruise. Did you ever see the show on the Travel Channel with "Radiance in Alaska", if not I'm sure it will run again and definitely worth catching, so look through that TV guide.....

Enjoy

Message Boards Moderator