Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 17th, 2003, 12:04 PM
Beginner

Default Chankanaab Park vs. Playa Sol Beach Break

We're on VOS 4/20, and trying to decide between Chankanaab Park on our own or Playa Sol Beach Break excursion. We have adults and kids ages 11-15.

Thanks for any input
Sponsored Links
Old March 18th, 2003, 10:40 AM
mike23

Default Re: Chankanaab Park vs. Playa Sol Beach Break

We did the Playa Sol trip with our kids 16,14 and 13. There was a lot more things for them to play with in the water then Chankanab.

Don't do the all inclusive thing with the boat jsut take a cab and pay $8 when you get there. This gives you complete use of the park and then you can pay extra for lunch or a drink if you want it.

Mike
Old March 18th, 2003, 11:08 AM
DDanko

We did Playa Del Sol in 2000. We did what Mike said and just took a cab. It is big, and is nice, but got pretty roudy later on in the afternoon. When we were there, all of the "party boats" stopped there and all the REALLY drunk people got off. Once they did, half got naked and began riding all the water sport things the park had to offer.

Let it be said I am not against the fun they were having, but they did kind of take over the beach.

So, it was fun and relaxing with good food, but if it is a busy as the day we ere they, it may not be for everyone.
Old March 18th, 2003, 07:32 PM
Sooshie

I've been to Playa Sol and was not impressed. We took the Fiesta Party boat and it was just that. Although the crowd we were with wasn' t too bad it was not what we thought it was (you know first cruisers). I was there again in 10/02 and went to a beach called Nachi-Cocom. It was so nice! It is down the road a little bit from Playa Sol and Chankanaab. It was about $10 cab ride and all of it's facilities were free. They had a beautiful beach with lounge chairs and cabana type umbrellas. They had a pool and jacuzzi with a swim up bar. They had a restaurant that served you on the beach (for additional cost of course). Their were taxis waiting to take us wherever we wanted to go. It was such a nice relaxing place. If you are interested in seeing some pics and the brochure from there email me and I'll send them to you.

Susan