Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2003, 03:50 PM
Eugene

Default Best Beach in Ocho Rios, Jamaica

We are going on VOS leaving 6/1 and would appreciate any suggestions on a nice beach for the day in Jamaica (close to Ocho Rios port). Does anyone have a memory of a wonderful beach that you would recommend for a great day of sun and maybe snorkeling?
Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2003, 04:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Best Beach in Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Although I haven't been myself (I've been to Ocho Rios, but we climbed the falls last time), I've read all over the internet that the place to try is Margaritaville. It's a restaurant inspired by Jimmy Buffett (he does not own the restaurant), and it's not far from the pier at all. It's in the Island Village marketplace, and that is an area where the locals cannot get in and "hassle" the tourists. There are stores within the marketplace, but they aren't places where you can haggle the price or anything. Anyway, within Margaritaville, there is a pool, hot tub, waterslide and even a private beach area. I believe that there is a small admission price for the beach, but it waived if you buy food (or even just a soda) at the restaurant. Again, I haven't been there, but every cruise board I read seems to have great things to say about the place. We're actually going to try it out on our cruise in September.

Hope it helps!

Rhonda