Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 9th, 2003, 03:41 PM
Brad & Renee

Default El Yunque Rain Forest

Hello!
I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the "Rain Forest" excursion in San Juan. Is it worth it? It's 4 1/2 hours long and we're only in San Juan for 6 hours.
5 & 13 year olds, my wife & I.

Thanks
Brad

Explorer--4/19/03
Sponsored Links
Old April 10th, 2003, 11:01 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Joyce
Default Re: El Yunque Rain Forest

It is definitely worth the trip -- we did it a couple years ago and it was a beautiful trip. Our guide gave us lots of interesting information about the area. You should enjoy it.
Old April 10th, 2003, 05:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have been to San Juan 2 times, once as a stop on a cruise and once as the departure port. In my opinion the rain forest would be the best excursion. Unless you are a young party type couple then I might suggest the Bacardi Rum factory Tour. It rained heavily while we were there so they parked us at the hospitality tent until the rain stopped and provided free samples of their product. It rained quite a while and we got to do a lot of "sampling".

With your boys, the rain forest is the best choice. I usually recommend doing excursions on your own, but in this case I might stick with the ship due to the short time in port.

Cheers,
Bruce

Oh, did you check out Coki Beach Dive Club? What did you think?
Old April 16th, 2003, 12:28 PM
hcat

Can this excursion to rain forest be done when the ship arrrives at 2 pm? What about the rum factory?. Lst time there when we arrived at two the only options were the general old city tour with fort or the rumba show....Took the tour but neither would appeal for nexttrip (Radiance?) What else could yo do considering the time & traffic congestion?
Old April 16th, 2003, 12:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: El Yunque Rain Forest

Sorry, I don't know the answer to those questions. I personally thought that San Juan was a wasted stop and I avoid cruises that stop there it at all possible, just like I avoid Jamaica.
Old April 16th, 2003, 01:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Joyce
Default Re: Re: El Yunque Rain Forest

If you arrive at 2:00 p.m. there won't be enough time to do the rain forest tour. I don't know about the rum factory tour, however. Another suggestion would be to go to one of the hotels that would let you use their facilities and beach area. The tour desk on your ship could provide you with some information and other options.