Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 19th, 2003, 12:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Best of the Voyager Class Ships?

Why does it seem that I see more talk about Explorer than the other two ships Adventure and Voyager? Is this because Explorer leaves from Miami and therefore gets more bookings, or is it a better ship, etc?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old April 19th, 2003, 12:59 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Best of the Voyager Class Ships?

Only been on "EOS" is my story!
Old April 19th, 2003, 06:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Same here, only Voyager class I've been on is Explorer, but next Feb. will give Voyager a try, I'm thinking we will enjoy it as much as Explorer :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 20th, 2003, 02:15 PM
RCCL Design Webmaster

Don't forget Navigator of the Seas, which is the 4th and latest ship in the Voyager class. She certainly is the best designed Voyager-class vessel, thanks to her innovative design features.
As to answer your question, for a long time the Explorer has been the only Voyager-class ship to do the Eastern Caribbean itinerary, which is -I suppose- more appealing than the Western (Voyager) or the Southern (Adventure) itineraries. Plus, Explorer leaves on Saturdays, which is maybe more convenient for families etc.

Romain
Old April 20th, 2003, 03:37 PM
Diane H.

Voyager also leaves from Miami. I will be on her for a Western Caribbean sailing in June which sounds just as nice as the eastern voyage. Voyager leaves on Sunday which is why we are doing that instead of Explorer. Explorer leaves on Saturday and we are driving to Florida to do 2 day trips before the cruise.We cannot leave until my children's last day of school which will be the 18th. A cruise on the 21st wouldn't give us the time that we need to see a day of Disney and a day of Universal, so Sunday on the Voyager is the cruise we picked. I have heard it is a wonderful ship.
Diane
Old April 23rd, 2003, 06:08 PM
ramgodeir44

I AM ROLLING DOWN THE LAND, MY NAME IS ROLLAND, HEHEHEHEHEH!!!!!
Old April 23rd, 2003, 07:24 PM
Passenger

Have been on Voyager and am going on Adventures this May. By far it is cheaper to go on the Miami ship. It cost around 550.00 to fly to Puerto Rico from Atlanta where I live as opposed to 179.00 to Miami. I can only take Cozumel and Grand Caymans so many times.
Old April 29th, 2003, 10:32 PM
Andrew

I have been on Explorer, Voyager, Adventure (in that order) and am going on Navigator in august. When Voyager first came out it was highly spoken about because of enormous size and entertainment options. For those of you who have been on any of the Voyager class ships you know that no other cruise can compare. Explorer, as you said seems to be spoken highly of. I am not exactly sure why this is but out of the three voyager class that I have been on I would say that Explorer was the best. I think this was because I did not have that great of a time on Adventure. We thought the good was not that great (probably because it left out of San Juan). Also leaving out of San Juan was not fun, it gets your cruise out on a bad start, especially when flying out from California and not staying at a hotel overnight. However I am very much looking forward to going on Navigator over the summer and Mariner of the seas in the near future, they have been refined and are much more elegant then the previous voyager class ships, the cabins are a little bit bigger and the baloneys sidings are all glass unlike the previous ships. They will also have more dining choices such as chops grill and Jade, and still portofino. Royal caribbean is my favorite cruise line, after being of around 10 RCCL cruises i still will say tho that their food does not match up to that of their partner line celebrity cruises. Either way, whichever voyager class ship you go on, you will have a cruise like none other
Old May 25th, 2003, 07:24 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Best of the Voyager Class Ships?

Diane, which week in Feb are you going to be on Voyager. I will be on my first cruise with my Wife and Kids. Look forward to the trip. Trying to plan my shore excursions ahead of time. Have fun in Feb
Old May 25th, 2003, 08:12 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Best of the Voyager Class Ships?

Hello, I will be on Voyager 2-29-04. First cruise. When are you going to be there.
Old May 25th, 2003, 08:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Best of the Voyager Class Ships?

WE'll be on Voyager 2-22-04, will it ever get here?

Message Boards Moderator