Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 22nd, 2003, 07:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Transatlantic Cruises

Has anyone here ever been on a transatlantic cruise? In the future my wife and I plan on making this a reality. If you have I would enjoy hearing what the experience is like crossing the ocean on RCCL.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old April 22nd, 2003, 02:39 PM
Ritag

Default Re: Transatlantic Cruises

We did the transatlantic on Brilliance of the Seas in September 02. The seas were rough for about a day and a half, as we encountered Hurricane Gustav. Our Captain, James MacDonald, did a wonderful job of outmanuevering the hurricane, trying to keep the rough seas to a minimum. We thoroughly enjoyed the 7 sea days, and there were plenty of activities to keep everyone busy. The weather was not the greatest, quite cool, so use of the outside pool was limited. The solarium pool, however, was a lovely spot.
I would love to do a transatlantic again, and would definitely choose RCI again. There newer ships, Voyager and Radiance class, in addition to all their Vision class ships, have lovely facilities that can be used in case of bad weather. They all have indoor solarium areas with an indoor pool. They also have large expanses of glass, which enable you to enjoy all the sea veiws from just about anywhere on board. If you like days at sea, you will love transatlantic cruising. Also, one advantage of cruising from east to west is that you will get an extra hours sleep on at least three nights! The transatlantic cruise is a wonderful, relaxing experience.
If you have any specific questions, I'd be glad to answer them.
Rita
Old April 25th, 2003, 02:08 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Transatlantic Cruises

Crossed on the "Vision" on her inaugural and it was fantastic. BUT that's because she took the "route of the Vikings" (over Iceland) and we went through 50 foot waves (Phenominal rating on the in-room bar graph) during a storm. For those of you that are not as adventurous, stick to the conventional route and it should be fine.