Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2003, 01:05 PM
JDC

Default Legend of the Seas terror threat 4/24

Below is the link to the story today:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/West/04/2...eat/index.html
Sponsored Links
Old April 24th, 2003, 01:18 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Legend of the Seas terror threat 4/24

Holy crap Batman! The poor passengers didn't like the way they were treated. Break out the plastic lips and let the butt kissing commence!!

Sorry folks, but after 23 years walking "the thin blue line," civilians don't respond well in emergencies. And I am not saying that all of the personnel handling the situation were perfect but it's an emergency and I contend they don't have to be perfect. They just need to be in control and some people don't like to relinquish control. Oh well, boo-hoo (passing tissues).
Old April 25th, 2003, 09:26 AM
worktocruise

Robbie,

I totally agree! Here's what I haven't figured out in all the years I've been cruising: If these complainers are so upset about what's happening on their cruises, why aren't they packing their bags and going home at the next port?

Things have changed and it's really sad that some people still don't get it!!!!!
Old May 3rd, 2003, 08:30 AM
JDC

Default 20yr old Woman charged/Legend terror threat

For those of you that haven't heard....a 20 year old woman confessed to the terror threat. Here is the story.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/West/04/2...eut/index.html
Old May 3rd, 2003, 01:10 PM
Fabnsab

This reminds me of all the people who complain about being searched at airports. My husband and I always seem to be the ones to get chosen and we have never once minded. All we have to do is consider the alternative- laxed security- and we're fine. The airport in San Juan searched every single person. I thought it was great. We need to be more like other countries in order to catch the new wave of terrorism. All these people complaining cracks me up. They want to be safe but don't want to do their part.