Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 30th, 2003, 05:23 PM
Eugenia

Default Should I be Worried?

I had noticed recently that the cruise I am taking "Sovereign" Nov 13 for three nights in unavailable on any website to even look at. Me, being a novice cruiser, thought nothing about it, until I read that Mariner of the Seas was being launched around the same time, and "Sovereign" was going to be on a different schedule. Then, I started to think that maybe it had been (gasp) cancelled. I called my TA and she called RC who told her that they were going to dry dock the ship after that cruise and were moving people on those cruises up to mine. I have this terrible feeling that everything will seem over run with people! To try and wrap all of this up, if the ship is at capacity, will I feel like it is just too crowded for my husband and I? If so, I might forgo the deposit, and just book another one.
Sponsored Links
Old April 30th, 2003, 05:46 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Should I be Worried?

You are first of all a long way from losing your deposit if you cancel now. You should be able to cancel now and get back 100%. That said, why cancel.
Most cruise ships sail at capacity these days. They are designed to make you feel you are having a more personal experience. Dining rooms are divided into intimate seating groups , that make the areas seem less crowded. Outside decks are not big football fields full of chairs nor are any other public spaces. Relax and be sure that the cruise lines have capacity sailing down pat. You will not be corraled into large lines for everything (except maybe a bit of time with embarkation). Keep checking with your TA about the staus of your cruise, but, if you are going to change, do it now.
Old May 1st, 2003, 08:23 PM
PHEEBS

Default Re: Re: Should I be Worried?

I did Enchantment first in 1998 for 7 nights and then Sovereign in 1999 for 3 nights. I fell in love with cruises after my first on Enchantment---everything was wonderful and she was new then, but I was a little less thrilled by Sovereign because she was older and didn't seem as fresh. However, my nephew and wife went on Sovereign in 2001 after I told them how wonderful RCl cruises are and they absolutely loved it. I went on Carnival next because it was with a group that selected Carnival but we went right back to RCl for the superb service, etc. We've done the Voyager class since then.
Old May 2nd, 2003, 11:39 AM
Eugenia

Thank you for your responses.......I feel less apprehensive about being on a full ship now
Old May 2nd, 2003, 02:36 PM
Yeoman

RCI cancelled our May trip to Hawaii due to it's recent dry docking. We will be spending the $300 shipboard credit they gave us to spend in Sept since THEY cancelled the cruise. Also we realized an $800 airfare savings so I say "WOO-HOO" to the cancellation!!
Old May 5th, 2003, 07:31 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to marbru

Eugenia,

You will not be cancelled. There is nothing wrong with sailing Sovereign full. We have done it and you can still find little areas to just sit and chat.

If you cancel altogether, you may be outside of the cruise line penalty, but chances are you will face an agency cancellation penalty. If you are really that uncomfortable, I would ask you TA to switch you to another sailing without completely cancelling out.

Sovereign has had a facelift, as has Majesty. She will also have a rock climbing wall installed by the end of the year!

You will have a wonderful time!
Old May 5th, 2003, 10:01 AM
Eugenia

Just as long as I don't feel A) like there are so many people that it is impossible to get a chair, walk down the halls, etc. B) that there is a shortage of amenties like food b/c they are going to dock right after the trip and don't want to have a lot of leftovers..........
If we can avoid that, we'll be good