Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 1st, 2003, 04:19 PM
JCFla

Default Re: pre-booking Portofinos and /or Ice Show

will be sailing on VOS in June. Not sure how difficult it will be to get reservations for the alternate dining and for the ice show. Can you pre-book these before you sail?We've prebooked our shore excursions, but wasn't sure if they'll allow you to do that with Portofinos or the ice show. Any info will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2003, 06:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: pre-booking Portofinos and /or Ice Show

Hi JCfla,
I'm fairly certain you have to make your Portofinos reservations once onboard, just do it quickly, especially if you want a certain day/time. As for the ice show tickets, you shouldn't have any problems picking up the tickets. Just listen for when they start giving them out and go there that day. We had to miss another show in order to catch the ice show, but its a must, you'll totally enjoy it. When we were on Explorer, it was 2 days into the cruise before they started to distribute the tickets, and you just had to go down to the shore excursion deck and get them.

Have fun on Voyager, 297 days left til we cruise Voyager, can't wait!

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 2nd, 2003, 08:06 AM
Passenger

Just returned from VOS April 27th. I was VERY disappointed with Portofinos in both service and quality. We traveled with four other couples and all of us were somewhat disappointed. I thought the main dining service and quality was as good or better without having to pay the extra $20 per person. Our wait staff at the main dining was great but at Portofinos they were pushy and overbearing. As for the Ice Show, as long as you go pick up your tickets at the designated time you will have no problem getting tickets for the day and time you want. The Ice Show was fantastic!!! As were most of the other shows on the ship. I suggest that when you go to see a show you arrrive fifteen minutes early to insure a good seat.
Old May 4th, 2003, 11:47 AM
Marianne W

You are in for such a treat. I have sailed on both the VOS and EOS. I think the VOS is the most awesome ship I have ever seen. You are not going to believe the Promenade Deck. You will think you are in a city and not on a ship!! I loved the chandeliers in the dining room..something to see. Have a blast and you won't have any problem with your tickets to the ice show but the restaurants book up fast. If you want to go and can't get in, waitlist because a lot of people make the reservations just in case they may want to go and then cancel.
Old May 7th, 2003, 02:44 PM
serene56

What show was missed so yu can see the ice show?
Old May 14th, 2003, 02:42 PM
Mmketeer

Default Re: Re: Re: pre-booking Portofinos and /or Ice Show

Hi Mariane,

Your post was excatly what I was hoping to hear....I went on Carnival out of Port Canveral in December and after sailing on Disney it just didn't compare. I am booked for RCCL Voyager of the Seas this Sept. and it sounds more like my kind of ship. So, tell me is the Ice Skating Show.... is it free or an extra fee?
Any tips you would like to share about the ship would be greatly appreciated. Also. does anyone know of a good website or something where I can get my barrings on the ship? I hate getting lost on board and the RCCL's website is too tiny to read cabin numbers etc. on it's deck plans.

Thanks,

Mmketeer@aol.com
Old May 14th, 2003, 06:07 PM
jlynd

WWW.Travelocity.com has very nice deck plans with pictures. The ice shows are free. I hope this helps!