Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 6th, 2003, 11:38 PM
andrew

Default Cramming 4 people into 1 room - bad idea?

Anyone ever try putting 4 people (2 parents, 2 early teens) into a single interior stateroom on a Voyager-class ship? We did the balcony/atrium gig last time and enjoyed the privacy and space (kids in Atrium room, us in balcony room) but really, we spent so little time in the rooms that it didn't seem to be worth the extra expense. So next time we're thinking of getting an interior stateroom with quad occupancy and using it only to sleep. Has anyone tried that? If so, any feedback, positive or negative? The Atrium staterooms are only dbl occupancy and are 167 sq ft and we put 2 kids in that room, and it seemed cramped. The interior staterooms that have quad occupancy are even smaller, at only 160 sq ft, and yet somehow we're supposed to be able to put 4 people in one. Am concerned. Should I be? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2003, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Cramming 4 people into 1 room - bad idea?

Hi Andrew,
I think I'd think about having 4 people share a cabin again, mainly for the space and also trying to get showered/dressed with 1 bathroom??? Doesn't sound like fun??

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 7th, 2003, 09:49 AM
agreene

I did it on a seven day Carnival cruise with a 10 and 12 year old in a 185 sq ft stateroome. Never again!
Old May 7th, 2003, 11:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

we did a Cat C on Grandeur with 2 adults and 2 younger children, no problem as they still like our company :-) But 4 people in an inside? Wouldn't even consider doing that.
Old May 7th, 2003, 02:31 PM
serene56

I did 5 people in an inside cabin on a Carnival. Myself, the adult. my three sons 15, 17, 19 all over 6 feet and my 13 year old neice. We used the room for sleeping and changing. Took turns taking showers in the gym area. which we found were nicer AND roomier. It wasnt a problem only because we wanted an affordable vacation Taking 2 cabins cut into our spending money so we all made concessions. Like we got rid of the roll away bed and the last one in got the extra spot on the floor. We had a ball and would do it again.
Old May 7th, 2003, 04:39 PM
hcat

To me it would not be much of a vacation--more like a camping trip in a small tent- but it's up to the people involved.
Old May 7th, 2003, 08:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

We have done it twice in inside cabins when we had 2 young- and then middle-aged teens, a son and a daughter. With late seating, we had plenty of time to schedule the showers. We kept dirty clothing in the suitcases under the beds and generally kept things picked up. We love to be out on deck and were always in port during the day, so for a cruise with limited sea days, I would agree with serene56 - it saved money that we got to use one special excursions.

One important note: Our children get along quite well together. Only you know how your children will do.
Old May 7th, 2003, 09:50 PM
Yeoman

Hectic?? YES but it is done and has been done. The one bathroom is the biggest problem!
Old May 8th, 2003, 11:43 AM
First Mate

How happy does your family feel on an extended roadtrip in a single car? Do you have a great time joking around, or do you get on one another's nerves? It'll be sardine-like in an interior cabin with four, and you'll bump into one another doing things, even if you're just there to dress and sleep. But maybe you'll be in such good spirits, it being a cruise, after all, that you just won't mind.
Old May 8th, 2003, 03:09 PM
Passenger

I've been on many cruises in cabin of 4 and we had a lot of fun. What you do in cabin? Just sleep a little, take a bath and dress up. Why take 2 cabins and pay more?

Lillian
Old May 11th, 2003, 02:11 PM
Browezilla

I spend very little time in the cabin, so the crowdedness wouldn't bother me as much. However, access to the shower for getting ready could be a problem, but the Number 1 problem to me would be "will everyone call it a night at the same time." This is a problem even with just 2 people, as one person invariably disrupts the other person's sleep (and vice versa).

BTW: A shameless plug for my favorite affinity card. If you are looking to save $$$ on a cruise, check out icruise.com's credit card. You can earn upto $800/year off of your next cruise booked with them (it returns about 3 cents for every dollar you spend). This is the best affinity/rebate card I've found yet.
Old May 17th, 2003, 03:17 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Alec

andrew

I think that is a terrible idea.You will hear fussing and fighting all night!If u have the mony buy a family room, it works much better.