Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2003, 07:18 PM
dave9

Default Captain Mernan Zini of Grandeur of the Seas

I recently received the new Crown and Anchor magazine, and on the back is an interview with who appears to be the youngest master I have ever seen, Captain Zini. I can now recall seeing the building of Voyager of the Seas video, and he was the staff captain. He must be an extraordinary master, as he was very young in that video as well. Now, I want to sail on Grandeur of the Seas to meet him. Anyone know his age? My guess is around 36.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2003, 07:18 PM
dave9

Default Re: Captain Hernan Zini of Grandeur of the Seas

That is Captain Hernan Zini, I am sorry, mispell
Old May 12th, 2003, 03:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Captain Mernan Zini of Grandeur of the Seas

Dave

I too noticed this in the magazine and recognized him from the Eagle Class video. Captain Carlos was RCI's youngest captain however, this was before this young man was promoted, so he may be setting new records. I know Captain Carlos was in his early thirtys the last time I sailed with him on Viking Serenade several years ago.

Leslie

Monarch - 6/9/03
Monarch - 8/4/03
Mercury - 11/5/03
Old May 19th, 2003, 02:10 PM
dave9

Default Re: Captain Mernan Zini of Grandeur of the Seas

Yes, but the Viking Serenade was a small ship, only around 40,000 tonnes. Captain Zini is the master of Grandeur of the Seas, a vessel about twice the size as the Serenade. It truly is an accomplishment to be a captain of such a large mega-ship at that young age, and to be the Staff Captain of the largest cruise ship at that time, Voyager of the Seas.

Dave