Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2003, 04:30 PM
Passenger

Default Royal Caribbean Canada/New England Excursions

We will be on Royal Caribbean's Canada/New England Cruise. Our ports of calls are: Bar Harbor Maine, Halifax Nova Scotia, Sydney Nova Scotia, Quebec City Quebec, St. John New Brunswick and Portland Maine. I was wondering if anybody could recommend some very good shore excursions? For example "Evening at the Sugar Shack" in Quebec City sounds good, but I need to know if it's really worth the money and time to go. If anybody has any good advice please feel free to respond.

Thank You!
Christina T.

Post Edited (05-14-03 16:31)
Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2003, 01:26 PM
Taras Halloran

Default Re: Royal Caribbean Canada/New England Excursions

I am a local in Sydney, and there are quite a few Historical excursions here in our little town. There is the Fortress of Louisbourg, which is a replica of the 1700's French Fortress that once stood in the same place, and the Bell Meuseum, which in Baddeck, home of Alexander Graham Bell, inventor of the Telephone among other things. Both of these locations are relativly close to Sydney, so you would be able to see them on a daytrip. If you would like to know some other good places to go while in Sydney just say so.
Old July 13th, 2003, 09:30 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Royal Caribbean Canada/New England Excursions

Hello Taras,
Thanks for the information.....Our shore Excursions for Sydney is the Scenic Bras D'Or....
I hope me and my Mom pick the right excursion for your town......May I ask how is the weather there in September...... Looking forward to our cruise September 21,2003 (smiling) 10 days cruise.........hahahaha....

Thaks Again
Christina T.
Old July 14th, 2003, 09:13 PM
Mattinla

Default Re: Re: Re: Royal Caribbean Canada/New England Excursions

Basically, in Bar Harbor you have the tour of Acadia National Park, or the kayaking. You can also just hang out in town. In Halifax, Peggy's Cove is the favorite spot. In St John, NB, the big deal is the tide change (largest in the world) and the "reversing rapids". You can do a jet boat tour of the rapids, or a land tour overlooking.

I can't tell you much about the other ports...
Old July 15th, 2003, 07:28 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Royal Caribbean Canada/New England Excursion

Thanks Mattinla, For the information..........I will check them out....

Thanks
Christina T.