Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 21st, 2003, 04:24 PM
H20 Queen

Default Brilliance of the Seas

Hello all you cruise lovers!
I was just wondering.. is Brilliance a ship that is generally oriented to a younger crowd or is like Celebity's Infinity that is geared toward an older crowd? I am looking for an answer because when i sailed infinity, i felt the only activity the ship offered us was Bingo!!!! I am travelling Brilliance real soon and i'd like to know if i am going to see a major change in atmosphere and people. I hope so anyhow.
Thank you very much,
H20 Queen
Sponsored Links
Old May 21st, 2003, 04:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Brilliance of the Seas

Hi H2Queen,
I too have cruised Infinity in Alaska last year and earlier this year Radiance. YES, you should see a big difference and feel to these ships, I don't think you will be disappointed with Brilliance at all. If Brilliance is just like Radiance, you'll love it, I thought the entertaiment was a bit better on Royal Caribbean or it was just more of what I'm used to, but I certainly enjoyed Infinity, it was just an older crowd and the atmosphere was a lot different, more lively on Radiance for sure, so go and have a wonderful time.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 21st, 2003, 06:33 PM
Suzan

Hello..I have also sailed both the INFINITY and BRILLIANCE,,in fact they are my only 2 cruises. I loved the Infinity,,for the cut above service,,,food was better,,overall,,,spoiled a bit more, plus we meet some wonderful people generally aged 45-60. We sailed with kids in Dec the Brilliance,,and the average age had to be 70,,some were a bit grouchy,,especially on the elevators,haha,,we also got the dreaded illness..the ship is lovely,,the food is good,,not great, the service was good not great,,but ...,,how can anyone not enjoy a cruise.. I loved them both,,next Explorer 2003~Yippee
Old May 22nd, 2003, 09:35 AM
Denise1

As you can see, the answers to your questions will run the full spectrum. I'm with Donna, however, as we sailed the Summit in March (our ages ranged from 11-65/12 of us). It was a "very" subdued atmosphere. We had a wonderful time....always do, but we prefer RCL. There is a much more diverse range of ages with much more goings on. We are sailing the Brilliance next March. Can't wait!

Denise :-)

Navigator 11/23/03
Brilliance 03/19/04
Old May 22nd, 2003, 09:37 AM
Ritag

Default Re: Re: Brilliance of the Seas

The age of the crowd is usually determined by the length of the cruise - the longer the cruise, the older the passengers(generally). We've sailed the Brilliance twice, and both times the age group was probably between 40-65. A few younger, a few older, but the majority about 40-65. When you sail in December you usually get a lot of older people - shiplines offer heavy discounts to Florida residents in December to fill their ships. Friends who have sailed in December (regardless of the length of the cruise ) have complained about this. We sailed last month with 22 folks we met on another cruise board, and our ages in this group went from 30-60's (we also had 2 kids with the group), but we all had a blast together. Entertainment was usual cruise ship entertainment, but the service was spectacular on both our cruises on Brilliance. We've cruised 27 times, and the service on Brilliance was definitely among the best we've ever had - and we have cruised RCI (17 times), Carnival, HAL, Costa and other lines. Keep in mind, too, that Alaska cruises attract more of an older crowd (though when we did Alaska, we found the people on HAL to be older than the folks on Princess or RCI).
Course, you didn't mention your age, so if you 20 or 30, an age group of 40-65 might be old to you! The week after we sailed Brillance there were 500 kids on board, so the age average on that cruise would certainly have been younger than on ours.
Ritag