Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 21st, 2003, 06:40 PM
Beginner

Default Does RCCL do anything special for your honeymoon cruise?

I am sailing on Rhapsody for my honeymoon on Aug 17.

I have heard that if you tell the cruise line that you are on your honeymoon, they will usually do something special like give you a cake and champagne on one night... Is this true? Or do they do anything special at all? What has been your expericnce? Thanks!

-Kathy
Sponsored Links
Old May 21st, 2003, 06:46 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Does RCCL do anything special for your honeymoon cruise?

If you tell your waiter, I'm sure a cake can be arranged...I'm not sure about the champagne though.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old May 21st, 2003, 07:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Ex,
BTW, why the EX? Once you get onboard, be sure to check the daily cruise compass for the honeymoon get togethers, they always seem to have them, both the get togethers and the honeymooners :-) I'm sure you will have a special honeymoon cruise, enjoy!

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 22nd, 2003, 12:39 AM
Passenger

My soon bride to be and myself are going to be on that same cruise on September 28th for our honeymoon (our first cruise). When I told my travel agent that this would be a honeymoon cruise they were going to make a special note in the reservation and that on the first or second formal dinner we would get an cake and our waitperson would make sure everyone in the dining room knew we were newly weds. Thought I would share that info with you.

Rhapsody of the Seas 9/2003
Rhapsody of the Seas 9/2004
Old May 22nd, 2003, 08:40 AM
dmdicato

We were on an rccl cruise to the Bahamas for our honeymoon three years ago. They had a special event for all honeymooners one evening....cake, punch, dancing, prizes, etc.
Old May 22nd, 2003, 01:10 PM
mikew

My wife and I sailed on the Voyager for our Honeymoon in July of 2000. They had a get together for newlyweds on one of the evenings. I don't remember any cake, but I ordered a champagne package before embarking that had a bottle of champagne waiting for us in our room and a bottle delivered to us at our table on one of the formal nights. It was actually quite reasonable if I remember right.
I told my travel agent (at icruise.com) that this was our honeymoon and he made note of it. We booked an inside "guarantee" cabin and were delighted when we received not one but TWO upgrades all the way to an oceanview stateroom with private balcony! Not sure how much that had to do with the travel agent and how much of it had to do with blind luck though.
Congrats,
Mike
Old June 6th, 2003, 10:02 AM
cruisin'melo

Hi Ex-Dumpling -
Congratulations!
We will be on that cruise - FINALLY booked at paid and will be looking for the happy honeymooners - tho you probably won't be looking around to socialize with anyone else!!!!
They will probably bend over backwards to make you happy! Enjoy!
cruisinmelo (NY)
Old June 10th, 2003, 02:32 PM
Sweetie

Hey,

I'm going this July as a honeymoon, and we're not sure that they do anything automatically for your honeymoon, however, I know that there are things you can do to surprise your new spouse....you can order nightly packages of champagne and hors d'oeuvres to be sent to your room as a little romantic interlude, and sometimes they will even decorate your room. The same goes for birthdays. You can have a cake sent to your room and have the room decorated with birthday streamers and such, if you are not a fan of being humiliated publicly in the dining room!!! You can check all of these things out on the rccl website. I believe it is posed under "gift shop".

Good luck and congratulations!!
Old June 11th, 2003, 08:23 PM
Jim Munkittrick

As newlyweds, be sure to "volunteer" for the dating game. A wonderful opportuity to embarrass you new bride!
Old June 12th, 2003, 08:36 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to marbru

Kathy,

Let your TA know that this is your honeymoon and he/she will get it taken care of for you. Most choose to celebrate formal night.

Congratulations!
Mary