Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 4th, 2003, 01:05 PM
Admiral

Default Adventure of the Seas-mini suite-cocierge service

My daughter and son in law just returned from their honeymoon on Adventure of the Seas. They booked it almost a year ago and when doing so booked a minisuite , with conceierge service. When they arrived on the ship they were told that this service had been "withdrawn" from the catagory room they were in (sometime between the time they booked and when they travelled). My son in law feels that he paid for something he did not get. We are frequent cruisers but have never travelled RCCL so I was not familiar enough with their ships , catagories and amenities to offer him any advice.
Is anyone familiar with this situation? Was this service offered in the mini suite catagory at one time? If so, when was it withdrawn? Did RCCL offer any credit or compensation for it? I would appreciate any LIGHT you can shine on this situation .
Happy cruising
Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2003, 09:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Joyce
Default Re: Adventure of the Seas-mini suite-cocierge service

I've been on 3 RCCL cruises and have always stayed in a category C suite. We never had concierge service nor we were ever told we would. I think it is for category b and up.
Old June 5th, 2003, 09:42 PM
txncruiser

Apparently there was a printing mix-up last year which indicated that C cabins would receive concierge service. Apparently, they honored this error if it was brought to their attention until around April of this year. After that time, they felt that the correct brochures had been in circulation long enough and ceased offering the service regardless.

We got in the same situation with an early booking on a May 11th cruise and they refused to offer the service. But we got them back in the end by upgrading to an A cabin for a pittance at the pier and doing our best to drink their bar dry all week!!
Old June 6th, 2003, 08:29 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Adventure of the Seas-mini suite-cocierge service

Thank you for the helpful responses.
Old June 8th, 2003, 06:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

How did you go about that upgrade? I am doing Navigator in Dec in a Cat C.
Old June 9th, 2003, 02:40 PM
txncruiser

Phil - We checked availability on the RCCL site up until we left for San Juan. There were two As left, no Bs.

Arrived at the pier at just after 11:00 am and were about 30th in line. At check-in, we asked and were told to go to a desk and see if any cabins were left. We got one and the other was reserved for the Bingo prize.

We ended up paying about $1,700 each for the A. The pier cost was $550 per cabin, not per person. Prior to the cruise, I believe they were asking about $2,700 per person for the cabin.
Old June 9th, 2003, 09:41 PM
sn2792

We are going on NOS on 6/14 booked in a Category C. Our TA called today and said she got us upgraded to a B for no additional cost. Evidently, she kept checking for upgrade possiblities and made the arrangements.
Old June 10th, 2003, 08:59 AM
txncruiser

So if you can upgrade at the pier, it would cost even less as we were in a C going in. Sure wish I have one of those charts with the upgrade costs.
Old June 10th, 2003, 06:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hey TX:
Thaks for the info. I'll keep that in mind.