Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 6th, 2003, 02:23 PM
Passenger

Default Best Royal Caribbean ship

My fiance and I got engaged in Jamaica while on a cruise ship and thought it would be only fitting to get married on one as well. I really like the Royal Caribbean boats. In the Voyager class ships, which one is the best?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2003, 03:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Best Royal Caribbean ship

Hi Kimberly,
I too am a big fan of the "Voyager" class ships, but I really fell in love with Radiance, think thats also worth checking out too.

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 8th, 2003, 02:42 PM
Doug Gunn

Without question the Raidiance is the best ship I have been on. The crew makes it a memorable experience.
Old June 9th, 2003, 09:10 AM
Browezilla

I would go on the newest of the Voyager-class ships that has the itinerary you're after. They're all great, and only have minor differences, but each newer ship has some changes to improve the ship, and the artwork seems to get better with each ship. But in a nutshell, you can't lose on any of them. They are all terrific! From what I read, the Radiance-class ships seem to be a bit more elegant, are a little smaller (90K-ish GTW vs 142K GTW), and lack some of the amenities of the Voyager class such as the ice skating rink. On the Voyager-class, there will definitely be more children; however they never seem to be too obvious. They have a terrific childrens program in a separate area of the ship, and I suspect that is where the children are most of the time.

Voyager-class ships ordered oldest to youngest: Voyager, Explorer, Adventure, Navigator, Mariner
Old June 9th, 2003, 12:41 PM
Yeoman

MY understanding was that the Radiance class was an attempt by "RCI" to follow the "Celebrity" blueprint and move up a notch on the rating scale. They WERE successful! They are smaller and no ice rink or in-line skating but far fewer children. The wide-open feeling and the appointments are fantastic not to mention the Windjammer improvements.

Back on "Radiance" 9-27 for the third time, Robbie
Old June 11th, 2003, 08:35 PM
Del

Absolutely the Radiance of the Seas.
Old June 12th, 2003, 04:29 AM
RCCL Design Webmaster

Robbie : from what I have read the Radiance-class ships were rather designed with the continuation and improvement of the successful Vision class in mind. That explains the overwhelming (in the positive meaning of the term) presence of glass onboard these ships.

Romain.
Old June 12th, 2003, 06:10 AM
RCCL Design Webmaster

Certainly Roland - I was just corrrecting what I thought was wrong, that is the affirmation from Robbie that the Radiance series were following Celebrity's style.

Regarding Kimberly's question, my honest opinion is that the best VY-class ship is Navigator (esp. thanks to the improved exteriors and the added features), eventhough I have never stepped foot on her (but I have seen her docked in MIA as well as on hundreds of pics). Can't tell about Mariner...yet, but you sound pretty enthusiastic about her. Have you been to Turku lately?
Old June 12th, 2003, 07:33 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to marbru

Kimberly,

For Voyager class I would definitely go for the newer ships. We have sailed Navigator and the crew and staff made this one of the best cruises ever. But, Mariner sailing out of Port Canaveral will be the newest. If you go to the Radiance class, that will also be wonderful. The ships are beautiful and very nicely appointed.

My advise to you is to make your plans as soon as possible because weddings onboard are becoming increasingly more popular. For example, we attended a small conference with Royal Caribbean last month and were doing some ship inspections as well. I believe it was Navigator that had three weddings planned at the beginning of that cruise.

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage and may you have many wonderful and loving years together!

Mary
Old June 12th, 2003, 12:21 PM
RCCL Design Webmaster

...why is that? vacation?
Old June 12th, 2003, 01:33 PM
Yeoman

I guess I should NOT have used the word blueprint because I didn't literally mean the design of the ship. Rather the "upscaling" of things to achieve the better rating, which is of course exactly what occurred. Even on the LAPD we borrowed the syllabus from "Nordstrom's on how to treat our "customers. " I did read that "RCI" utilized their purchase of "Celebrity" to aid them in their planning which may or may not have been accurate. Sorry for the confusion, Robbie
Old June 15th, 2003, 07:35 PM
cricket55

If you will be on your honeymoon, I'm assuming you won't want a lot of little kids running around and you WILL have that on the Voyager class ships. I was on Voyager in Jan and they're were LOTS of kids. I'm going on Serenade next (a Radiance class ship). I would probably recommend this for a honeymoon couple.
Old June 15th, 2003, 08:05 PM
Beginner

Triva question: Which Voyager class ship(s) left Turku with a lot of snow covering her?

I know for certain at least one person can peg this question squarely!

Old June 16th, 2003, 03:35 PM
Sanjoseca

What date and time do I have to be in Turku to catch the MA to Miami?

Wsn't it the Nav that was covered with snow in the Christmas picture?
Old June 16th, 2003, 04:09 PM
Kar06

I'm greatly lookin forward to Serenade of the Seas on November 22! I hear these Radiance-class ships are great!
Old June 16th, 2003, 11:31 PM
Passenger

what do yall think of the Rhapsody? My wife and I are planning a trip on this luscious ship....sounds like mad fun.

Boon