CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Water Shoes (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/231979-water-shoes.html)

Shelby January 22nd, 2004 07:34 AM

Water Shoes

I was wondering if anyone has done the snorkle at Coco Cay with RCCL. I would like to know if it would be better if i should buy a pair of water shoes or if a pair of keds will work just fine.

Thanks

Sovereign of the Seas 3/8/04

Thomas January 22nd, 2004 08:57 AM

Re: Water Shoes

I have used the water shoes while snorkeling at Coco Cay and they work well. I bought mine at Wal Mart for about $10, I think. They're not the best quality and the sole insert keeps coming loose, but they do the job.

I wouldn't bother with doing the snorkeling through RCI though. Toting those fins everywhere is useless, IMO. You can buy a decent mask and snorkel for around $20 and take them with you. This way, you know who's mouth has been on the snorkel last.

Regards,
Thomas

Shelby January 22nd, 2004 09:23 AM

Ok But do i have to have water shoes because of walking over rock or will white canvas shoes be just fine?

Also are we allowed to wonder much of Coco cay that we can? Or are restricted to one area?

Thanks!

Donna January 22nd, 2004 01:18 PM

Hi Shelby,
The old tennis shoes will work too. Yes, you can wonder all over the island, some areas are beautiful, so the shoes will come in handy for that as well.

Have fun!

laurie lindquist January 23rd, 2004 03:05 PM

Re: Re: Water Shoes

We prefer the watersocks bought for around $10 at Walmart. Mainly because they dry faster than tennis shoes when you get them wet.

Went to Cococay last year and enjoyed it very much. We rented snorkel gear on the island. The equipment seemed clean enough and no one got sick from it. You can wander around the island as it is very small.

ENJOY!!!

jennifer29 January 24th, 2004 11:09 PM

Re: Re: Water Shoes

This is my first time cruise. Sovereign of the Seas may 31st, . If we buy all snorkling gear before cruise and take on board. we will not have to pay the excursion fee is that correct. Just wondering if thats the case ill do that and use the money for something else. Thanks
Jenn

Donna January 25th, 2004 09:01 AM

Re: Re: Re: Water Shoes

Hi Jenn,
No, if you sign up for any snorkeling excursion, you still have to pay. When doing a snorkeling excursion, they provide the gear. If you want to just go snorkeling on your own, then no fee, but you may have to pay an entrance fee and the price of a cab to go where you are snorkeling. It is nice to have your own equipment, as you know you are the only one using it and it fits..