Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2003, 02:25 PM
Passenger

Default Stingray City..Capt.Marvin or Capt. Bryan?

I've heard a lot of positive feedback about the Stingray City Tour in Grand Cayman with Capt. Marvin. Does anybody have any info on the tour with Capt. Bryan?
Sponsored Links
Old June 13th, 2003, 01:09 AM
bkstar

Default Re: Stingray City..Capt.Marvin or Capt. Bryan?

I don't have advice on either, but if you can be adventourous & go on your own you'll love it. We were there last summer on the Disney Magic, after getting off the ship we went accross the street to a little gallery (next to a popular shopping area) where there was a small window for 'Bob Soto's" Diving, BEST EVER!! It was like $35 a person, the boat only had 10 tourists, 3 crew including Captain "World Class Diver" Fergie, he knows that sea so well, took us to great spots to snorkle and their approach in Sting Ray City made it feel like we were the only people in the water. We saw the excusion set-up by the Magic and it was hordes of people trying to see these creatures, but we were off to the side a bit experiencing it very calmly with professionals who even lectured on the species & relatives. No food included though...I highly recommend this tour, they pick you up from the shop & take you to the marina, upon your return they'll drop you off where ever you want. When we returned home, we found that Fergie was on the cover of Sport Diver Magazine and only made us happier that we ventured off and took this tour.
Old June 13th, 2003, 08:15 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Stingray City..Capt.Marvin or Capt. Bryan?

I recently toured with Captain Marvin's and the experience was great. The cruise ship tour included roughly 200 people, while our boat only held about 20, maybe 30. I highly recommend this company.