Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 16th, 2003, 12:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Back from the Adventure!!!!

We got back from our honeymoon yesterday (6/15) and had an awesome time on Adventure of the Seas!! Everything was perfect, the crew was friendly, helpful, and everything ran smoothly! We ate at the dining room once because after meeting our fake and pretentious tablemates we decided to stay away. They pounced on us for not being at dinner on Sunday night and basically interrogated us when we ran into them once or twice during the cruise. We didn't let it bother us and had a wonderful time on the ship. We ate at Portfino's once and had a free bottle of champagne which made up for our dining room experience. Captain Remo was the perfect captain and and seemed like he was straight out of the seafaring days of the Titanic. Wish we had been at St. Thomas longer and Antigua was completely awful and the worst of the ports of call except for the Jolly Roger Party cruise we took.

Any questions just e-mail me or write back here. We are hooked on cruising now and depressed from the typical vacation let down.

P.S The towel animals were a bonus, the toilet flushing sounds were memorable and our cabin steward was awesome.

JAY
Sponsored Links
Old June 16th, 2003, 03:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Back from the Adventure!!!!

Hi Jay,
Welcome back, so glad to hear you had a great cruise, now its time to plan the next one?? Any ideas?? We'd love to have you join us next year on Voyager, let me know if you are interested.

Have had the opportunity to cruise with Captain Remo two times and he is a very good captain, very imformative, thats for sure!

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 17th, 2003, 05:24 AM
Beginner

GLAD TO SEE YOU HAD A GREAT TIME JAY. I AM GOING ON THE AOS 11/16. WILL BE MY FIRST CRIUSE. HOW ABOUT A LITTLE REVIEW OF WHAT YOU DID. WOULD LOVE TO NO HAS MUCH HAS I CAN. TAKE CARE.
Old June 18th, 2003, 09:28 AM
fOx

Hi! We are doing the exact same thing, with the exact same itinerary for our honeymoon... any tips on shore excursions/good places to shop/ things to saty away from on this itinerary?

Thanks....
fox
Old June 18th, 2003, 10:53 AM
Cruise Maniac

Fox,
You will have a great time and it was more than I expected. We did the following excursions:

St. Maarten - Shipwreck Cove snorkeling and afterwards we sailed down the coast and got a tour plus free rum punch and an open bar. ( worth every penny)

Antigua- Jolly Roger Ship ( the rope swing, walking the plank, and rum punch made this a great experience, plus we got to lay on the beach also )

Barbados- Atlantis Submarine ( we went down 120 ft. and saw coral, many fish, etc. Very interesting but a little hyped up in the advertisment).

St. Thomas had great snorkeling &shopping, along with St. Lucia. The other ports were good , except for Antigua. In Antigua beware of the markets because the people are in your face and the pressure is high.

I wish we had been at St. Thomas and St. Maarten longer but we had an awesome time and we are hooked on cruising now. The ship and crew were helpful and always there for you.

Jay
Old June 19th, 2003, 10:16 PM
NavigatorCruiser

If you guys had horrible table mates, you should have talked to the maitre'd (spelling?). He could have changed you guys.

We lucked out with our two cruises on Royal. Last year on Voyager, my family got matched with another family with a child a year older than mine. We hit it off right away and ended up spending a lot of time with them--it helped everyone have a great time.

This year, we got matched with another family--this time with two kids. My daughter was right in the middle of the ages, and she made friends with both kids. Everyone got along, and we had a blast again, hanging out with these folks.

Royal seems to do a great job matching up tablemates (at least with us!)