Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 21st, 2003, 05:45 AM
Passenger

Default lounge chairs on deck

I will be on Voyager of the Seas in Feb, 2004. One another message board, I saw someone asking what to do with those chairs on the deck with the towels on them, reserving them, but know one sitting in them for hours. Just curious what other people think of people reserving chairs. Personally, If I go up to the deck and find a bunch of empty chairs with towels on them and no people, and they are the only open chairs around, I am sitting down and enjoying the sun.
Sponsored Links
Old June 21st, 2003, 06:12 AM
Admiral

Default Re: lounge chairs on deck

Pporonto this has been a hot topic of discussion. RCCL has a policy that if the chair is empty for a certain length of time, then they will remove the towels. This rule is seldom enforced. When we sailed on Brilliance of the Seas in March we really never had a problem finding a chair. However, we are happy to be out of the way and not right by the pool. When in February are you sailing? We have a small group sailing on 2/22/04.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old June 21st, 2003, 07:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi PP,
You can also ask a pool attendant to remove the towels from the un-used chairs. I noticed on our last cruise, there was a big sign stating the fact that you can not save the lounge chairs. Now, with the fact that you are responsible for returning your towel to your cabin, or get charged for it, I fould less of towels on chairs. Its usually the "sea" days that you find this to be a problem, hopefully it won't be too bad, enjoy Voyager. We're also going in Feb with ML and a small group, can't wait!

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 21st, 2003, 07:39 AM
Passenger

I also agree with having an attendent remove the towels. This way your out of it . If thye give you any problems throw a towel over them and notify the attendent he forgot one. HEHEHEHE