Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 25th, 2003, 12:58 PM
Beginner

Default Cruising from New Orleans

My sister and I are taking our first cruise ever (hooray!) aboard Grandeur of the Seas departing from New Orleans on Dec. 13, 2003.
I have a few questions: How early will we need to arrive if the ship departs at 5 pm and is it better to board early so that you can look around the ship? How early CAN passengers board the ship?
Also, if anyone has sailed out of New Orleans -- how easy is it to find parking? I checked the website for the Port of New Orleans and they say that parking is first come first serve. Could this be a problem??
I would appreciate anyone who has advice for a poor first-time cruiser!

Thanks so much,

Tina
(Less than 6 months to go!!!!!!!!)
Sponsored Links
Old June 25th, 2003, 03:40 PM
Kar06

Default Re: Cruising from New Orleans

I've sailed out of Port Canaveral & Ft. Lauderdale, and for ships that depart between 4-5 you can usually board around 12.
Old June 27th, 2003, 10:51 PM
tam

We sailed out of New Orleans the last week of March. TAlk about painless. We arrived around 10 am, fearing the parking problems. No parking problems to be found. We then boarded at 10 am. No problems. The cabin wasn't ready yet but our cabin attendent let us in and had us put our things in our cabin, and we went to explore the ship (which by the way is beautiful). We noticed people getting into the parking lot all the way up to late afternoon with no problem but waiting in line to get into the lot. This is a great port to sail out of.
Old June 30th, 2003, 12:09 PM
Beginner

Thanks so much for the info, Kar06 & tam! Hopefully everything will go smoothly for us, too. Looking forward to December.......

Tina