Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 21st, 2004, 08:53 AM
AJK

Default visa waiver and landing cards for EU citizens

I wonder if anyone can help. My new hubby and I are heading to Miami from UK on Saturday to join Brilliance of Seas for our first cruise next Monday.

Having been to USA on holidays before we usually fill landing cards on the plane for the USA visa waiver scheme. I'm not sure how we should complete these cards this time as we will be in transit to a cruise but will be spending a few days pre and post cruise in Florida.

Having had an unpleasant experience with US customs in the past for filling in the form incorrectly (due to incorrect advice from air staff) I do not wish to face this again.

When we join the ship would our visa waiver cards be removed and then new ones issued when we return to a US port???

Any advice would be appreciated....Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old January 21st, 2004, 10:24 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to frank_holland Send a message via Yahoo to frank_holland
Default Re: visa waiver and landing cards for EU citizens

AJK,

We were flying from Amsterdam to Miami earlier in January.
On the plane they will give you the landing cards and help you fill them.
The crew in the plane told us to write down the address of our hotel in Miami.
As we didn't have their address on any document with us we decided to fill in the name of the ship.
Once we got to the US customs there wasn't no problem. The man behind the counter only asked for a mouth spoken confirmation that we were truly boarding the ship.

When you're about to embark the ship they will hold your passport and keep it at the reception. When you go ashore in one of your ports of call you should take a copy of your ID with you (passport or drivers licence). If you hadn't made a copy at home you can go to the reception to let them make a copy for you.
They won't remove your visa waivers, so these will remain in your passport and are there when you receive your passport again.
The day you'll be going off the ship you probably have to wake up very early.
For non US citizens we had to go to the US customs (on board) at 6.00 AM while debarkation only started at 9.30.

Please note that all of the above is experienced by me flying with Martinair and cruising on the Carnival Victory, but I think things will probably work out the same for you.

Caribbean Princess
Old January 22nd, 2004, 04:31 PM
AJK

Thanks for the advice Frank- we're flying to Miami via Amsterdam with Martinair too!
Old January 22nd, 2004, 08:12 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to frank_holland Send a message via Yahoo to frank_holland

Hey that's really neat, I'm glad I was able to help you and perhaps I have some more tips for you.
As you probably will fly back also with Martinair here are some tips for when you're back in Miami.
There will be a shuttlebus ready for you at the pier right after you'll get off the ship with all your luggage.
We were able to put our luggage inside the shuttlebus which brought us to Bayside Marketplace.
The bus picked us up around 7 PM to bring us to the airport, so this way we didn't walk all day long with our luggage.
If your flight is also around 1.30 AM after you're back in Miami you will have the same schedule as we had.
Then you will have plenty of time visiting South Beach and Bayside for instance.
We were at Bayside all day long because we didn't know how much time we needed in Bayside.
If you go to South Beach or somewhere else first and then return to Bayside with 2 hours or so left, you'll have a wonderful day in Miami.

I checked out your cruise and I noticed that you're on a totally different route then I went, so I'm not able to help you with port information.
Have a nice cruise and flight and please let me know how you enjoyed it once you get back in England.

Caribbean Princess