Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 27th, 2003, 02:20 PM
Yeoman

Default Can somone tell me if the Brilliance of the Seas food has ch

Has anyone cruised the Brilliance of the Seas in 2002 and then again in 2003?

I'd like to know if they have improved the dining room food menu-wise?

I cruised the Brilliance in Nov '02 (11-night Western Caribbean) and found the ship to be beautiful but the food in the dining room not as good as other RCCL ships. I went into other message boards and it wasn't just me who found the food to be not up to standards (I did make sure I filled the survey card and told them about it). The Italian food (not Portofino's) in the dining room needs an Italian chef, the spices were very strange (I'm Italian).

I was just wondering if anyone felt the same as I and if they know if the menu has been upgraded.

I was planning to cruise on the Brilliance again, this time to the Panama Canal, Costa Rica, Aruba etc. I won't let the food though change my mind, but I'd have to budget to eat at Portofino's and Chops Grille. The Seaview Cafe they have is great.

Happy Cruising.

Future Cruising: 10-night Summit to So. Carib. 12/12/03
Sponsored Links
Old June 29th, 2003, 10:06 AM
Ritag

Default Re: Can somone tell me if the Brilliance of the Seas food ha

Cathy, we cruised Brilliance in September 02 and again in April 03. The food was OK the second time, certainly not great. The biggest difference I noticed was some of the food choices were, at least to me, a bit strange. They had PORK Wellington as opposed to BEEF Wellington, a number of pasta dishes were served as main entrees (ziti and meat sauce for instance). Our 03 cruise was 11 days, so maybe that accounts for some of the differences. We did eat at Chops and the food was wonderful, and we had lunch at Portofino's and that was just OK - they don't have the same menu for lunch as for dinner, and we didn't know that until we were seated, but it was OK just the same. One night the food selection had nothing to my liking, so we went to the Windjammer, but they had a lot of Mexican selections that night, so we went to the dining room and had steak. My steak was rather chewy, but someone else at the table also had steak, and said it was one of the best he's ever had, so maybe that was just luck of the draw. With that being said, anytime I don't have to shop, prepare, cook and clean up the food, I can be happy!
Check the menus and plan for Chops and Portofino accordingly. I just think that the Brillance has so much to offer, I can't stress about the food. In fact, we've booked Brilliance again for March 03, and I'm sure we'll be happy. Have a wonderful cruise.
Rita
Old June 30th, 2003, 02:57 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: Can somone tell me if the Brilliance of the Seas foo

Thanks for your input. I plan on going on the Brilliance again in Dec 2004.

I would not let the food thing keep me from sailing on this beautiful ship. Glad you enjoyed it also. I especially enjoyed the Seaview cafe for lunch myself, I didn't know that Portofino's served lunch. I'll have to try Chops next time. Thanks and happy cruising.